MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Useable power chair for outdoor useage?

Boolit Bub
    Very handy looking implement. Sorry you have need for such a beast, but glad you got it to be able to keep living to the fullest. Interested to hear a review. Safe travels in your freedom machine.

Boolit Grand Master

Been using the trac chair daily around the yard with very favorable results. Have not found anything here to stop or slow it down yet. Sunday Son and law and I took it down to the club and ran around for a couple hours testing and seeing what I would need to change. Made a couple trips down range on the rifle range of 200 yds and back thru soft sand with no issues the hill on the front of the firing line wasn't any problem either. I even went over a couple of downed branches around 4"-6" in dia with it. Went to 25 yd and 50 yd on pistol range again no problems or issues there. Traveling around the club on it was very good and simple.
    The one thing I did find was We had to adjust the head rest some for the rougher terrain due to the rock of the chair going over rough spots. Any space between head and rest I got slapped in the back of the head when it rocked over LOL. It was sort of like my wife was alive and with me only not as hard LOL.
    After around 3 hours I was down 2 bars on the battery gage. I went over 4"-6" bumps edges of concrete and or the wood faces on gravel areas. Sod and soft sandy areas. The bridges are all old semi trailers so plenty strong and wide for it.
    On the pistol range to go to 50 yds I had to go to one end or the other since I don't want to run over the turning target mechanisim at 25yds with it. Not a big problem there though. The sod area was no problems and the concrete areas were easy. The high performance range with the wood chips laid down were no problem and it walked right across them. Walking you sink in 2"-3" in wet weather the chair wasn't near that. The tracs with there 6 1/2" width nd 48" length spread weight out over a much larger area than feet or wheels do.
    Its been an amazing piece of equipment so far. I am very pleased so far with it. It runs a decent length of time on a charge and charges quickly. It loads and unloads easily onto the trailer. I bought a 6' X 9' utility trailer from tractor supply. This size will allow me to move my mower and some other things around easier. Mine has the wood floor (2'X6") and drop down end gate / ramp. Its on the steep side to rife up but the chair runs up empty fine.
    We would have been done sooner but there was a lot of interest in it from club members on all the ranges. While I didn't do any shooting from it Sunday Its going to be a valued tool for me with my mobility issues and balance issues. I can get my feet on the tracs and fold the foot rest up having a place for me feet under me when standing up. The seat belt was fine here but I have the harness on it too for when things get wild.
    This Saturday were going to the hot air ballon day and will be taking it along. For my wanted uses this is going to be more than useable, County Fairs, Threasers conventions, Range use, and a little fishing and hunting. It is amazing what this chair will do.

Boolit Grand Master

First time out in public with the trac chair, went to a local county fair. Chair did great, made the "walking" much easier on me and went thru a rough field parking lot with no issues. A lot of stares and people asking questions about it. Have some things to do to make it better one is a "Reacher" I can carry under an arm rest for when I drop things, reaching down to the ground means removing the seat belt or harness raising the foot rest and sliding forward to be able to bend down low enough. It went thru the show buildings and animal buildings with no issues. I do need to wash the tracs down after going thru the animal barns LOL. One other issue is the food venders are set up with windows for people standing not sitting so that's a little issue to deal with. Daughter was really happy with it as I carried the diaper bag, her purse, and the stroller part of the time for her. It was really good getting out to the fair again, its been 5-6 years since I could go and walk that much. A lot of the ones in power scooters were asking about it as they had problems with the terrain in parking lots and some areas of the fair grounds when off the pavement. I did set it down to 3 on the speed level and I could run with out having to worry about running over people in front of me. One other thing both me and my daughter noticed was that people seemed to give it More room than the traditional power chairs and scooters. All in all I ran it about 5-6 hours and still had 2 bars left on the power meter when we loaded it to go home. Was a great day today good weather and the chair exceeded my expectations all around. Seen a couple friends there.

Boolit Master
    If a lot of people are asking questions, maybe you could pick up a bit of extra cash being a salesman for the company that made that chair?
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

I am going to ask the distributer to send me a few of her business cards as its easier than repeating the information everytime. LOL. I would rather see the others who need this equipment have it available to them than make a few bucks of it.

Boolit Grand Master

Had the track chair outto Auglaize today testing to see how it would do and what I need to change on my equipment to shoot from it. It did great on the range, some of the firing lines werefu going over as they are taller and narrow in width so the chair didn't just rock over to the new surface but over to the back slope of the firing line. No big deal but took some getting used to. LOL. I need to extend the spotting binoculars back about 8" - 10" from the center of the tripod to get them back far enough for proper eye relief. I did spot for a shooter with his scope 1 leg in front of chair and other against track. 45* eye piece rolled level and I slid forward in the seat a few inches, but it worked well. Didn't shoot any but have a good idea of what I need now. The reacher mounted on the chair was handy today and worked well, but need to get or make a heavier duty one with a little more grip to it. With the arm rests folded up shooting should go well. New sticks 12" taller than my old ones are in the works now. This is working out real well. A friend picked me up and we dropped the trailer of out of the way at the range and I rode the chair and this allowed us to work from the back of his vehicle as we normally do. After the match we hooked up to the trailer and loaded the chair tied it down and were off to lunch.

Boolit Grand Master

I was really afraid that you would get stuck with a chair that was not able to provide what you need, or was totally un-serviceable. Lots of order takers out there, are only interested in the sales commission and don't even try to accommodate the customer.
    My wife was delivered an electric wheel chair that wouldn't pass through half our doors. They wouldn't take it back because she scuffed the arm pads before we realized the problem. It cost me more to remodel the doors than the chair cost. It also won't fit on the carrier I already had. Returning an item that Medicare has paid no is a PIA.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for all your reports Gent! There are many here who may wind up needing something like that in the future. Your write-ups really help a lot!

Boolit Grand Master

I have to say this track chair has really amazed me even for the short time Ive had it now. I have yet to find a burr or sharp edge any where, even on the under sides or inside of parts. Its been dependable and mostly for a rough terrain chair has yet to let me down, although I may have let it down chickening out and backing out of where it seems to steep an angle. Its handled heavy grass weds mud soft sand gravel alpalpha stubble all with no issues. Since its not an "Indoor" chair this is a small issue but the tracks do pick up and hold mud and other crud from barns and animal areas for awhile. The joy stick makes easy one hand operation easy. The "stake pocket" mounting for accessories is quick and simple. I have modified a Reacher/grabber to carry on mine for when I drop of find things on the ground. I also considering a back pack with a frame for behind the seat to give more carry room, I can only put so much on my lap or other hand. The back pack would be more organizable than a milk crate of the rack in back having more compartments. It really seems to be a quality unit and true American craftsmanship for a long ago era when people were willing to sighn their work.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456