Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: yard sale pickup , worth a try ?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
    Klatuu Baradus Nicto
    You and Hammish; discover a 5 week old thread....get out your M1 Carbine and 1911 and shoot that alien! (can I have all your gun stuff after Gort flames you?)

I first saw this in 1961. NBC Saturday Night Movie. Scared the sheet out of me at 9. Still watch it whenever I can.....

Time for the OP to show his progress.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by omgb View Post
    To get the rust off of those smaller parts I'd do the following as it has worked for me man times when refinishing lanterns and Coleman items: Get a small plastic tub, a box of washing soda, two pieces of mild steel rod, a car battery charger and a gallon of hot water. Dissolve about 3/4 of a cup of washing soda in a gallon of warm to hot water. Using wooden cloths pins, pint the two rods to the side of the tub (the tub should be about 4 inches across and 8 inches deep.) 180 degrees apart. Bridge the steel rods with some lamp cord to complete a full looped circuit. Fill the tub to the top with water. Now using some steel wire and a piece of dowel, suspend the parts in question fully submerged in the solution and mid-way between the two rods. Hook up the charger to the steel rods and the suspended part. I'll have to look up which gets the positive and which gets the negative but it is important. When you give it power you will see bubbles forming and particles moving from the rusty part to the steel rods. (it is imperative that you degrease everything before you start) In a few hours you may have to rotate the part and clean the sludge off of the rods. A full 12 hour cycle will usually remove all of the rust leaving only clean, rust-free steel.
    Lots of articles on this.
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...s+rust+removal
    Have mercy.
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.
    A haw, haw, haw

Boolit Master
    Yep.Saw that movie in the local theater when it first came out.
    Yep,I`m just an old phart.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123