MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45 Colt Bisley Blackhawk

Boolit Master
    You owe it to yourself to put it on paper as is so that you have a baseline for comparison if indeed you do send it off to have the cylinder tuned. That way you'll see for yourself the gains it can make, assuming you're a good enuff pistol shot for it to have made a difference...

Boolit Buddy

One other thing to mention in case you have more than one Ruger 45 is that you might consider getting the Manson Reamer and pilots and doing it yourself. You can get 'em here: https://mansonreamers.com/. It's really easy to do, and then, if you're like me and always seem to come home with a new wheelgun after a gunshow, you'll be able to fix any undersized throats. I've got the 45, 44, and 32 reamers with all the pilots and I've used them on all my Rugers but one. The .32 reamer corrected .310 throats and improved the accuracy from about 4 1/2" groups at 25 yards to 1 1/2". Made a believer outa me.

Vendor Sponsor

I can still do two cylinders cheaper than the cost of the reamer and the pilots, and after reaming they still have to be cleaned up after the reamer finishes as it leaves considerable tool marks so for that I use a Sunnen hone.. The bargain is still to be had sending them out. Clements gets $75 for throating, Gary Reeder gets $125. My pricing is a LOT less than that and I promise you neither one of these guys is going to turn your cylinders over and have them back in a week!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12