RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My chocolate lab of 13 passed away today

My chocolate lab of 13 passed away today

Lost my 13 year old chocolate lab Buddy today from nose cancer jst 45 days after my black lab jake passed away sad day here
    Last edited by 44deerslayer; 05-12-2017 at 03:30 PM.

My heart goes out to you. It's like losing a family member, 'cause they are family.
    You boys gonna draw them pistols or whistle Dixie

NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent fishing."
    ------Babylonian Proverb

Words just are not enough to express this kind of grief...my heart is heavy for you as I buried a fine old chocolate last year. We will see them again on fine day, till then...do the best you can, it does get better eventually...especially when you allow another into your life!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Its hard to be were you are. Been there and done that. Prayers sent
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    So sorry to hear this.
    I know how you feel, having gone through it too many times myself.
    Best thing to do is find another pup.
    Not as a replacement but as a successor.

I am really sorry to hear that. Prayers sent. I have a chocolate lab that is having serious health issues and we expect to lose her any day.
    She is part of the family and it will really suck when she goes. So I feel for you.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Moderator Emeritus

There's something particularly touching on a very deep level about when one of our beloved pets are lost. They ask and receive so little of us, and love us no matter what. Only Christ, I think, ever loved in the way that our good pets do. Maybe that's why "dog" is "God" spelled backwards?

Very sorry to hear of your loss, 44. I went through that not too long ago, and it was a great tragedy to me. Mine was a Llewellyn setter, field trial bred, and a wonderful companion as well. And she died of heart worms. Just went out one day in a little drizzle, and laid down under some flowers running on a stake, and just died right there. She looked as if she was sleeping, but you could tell instantly that she wasn't sleeping. I cried many bitter tears, but was thankful I'd had such a wonderful and wonder filled dog for as long as I had. A man who has one truly great dog in his lifetime is a blessed man, but a man who has had as many as I have, is blessed beyond our calculations.

It's said that dogs can't go to Heaven, but I'm not convinced of that. If nothing else, they CAN get to Heaven through us, and all the things they instill in and teach us, not only about them, but about our own selves, if we let them. God be with you and provide you peace in your time of loss.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I have not been a dog person, but I have lost some preety amazing cats so I know the feeling.
    On a happier note I am waiting for a new puppy to grow old enough to go and pick him up. 6 weeks I think.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    It came to me that every time i lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If i live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and i will become as generous and loving as they are. - anonymous

LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I've been there many times and it always hurts.
    Know that you gave your dog a good life, the best life it could have.
    The painful truth is that we typically out-live our special friends. You can take comfort in knowing that because of you - your dog didn't live a bad life. Your dog: didn't go hungry, wasn't cold and wet for days on end, wasn't lonely, wasn't covered in ticks and fleas and had a "pack leader" that looked out for him.
    I'm sure if he could thank you for a good life, he would.

I had a dog that someone discarded near my home. I didn't pick him - he picked me. I eventually took him in. He was an adult but probably not more than a year or two old. I took him to the vet and got him cleared medically. After that I took him home and he was one of the best dogs I ever had. Last spring, after about 12 years in my care, he died. I take comfort in knowing that during my watch he was well fed, clean and comfortable.

Boolit Master

Sorry for your loss
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Perma-Banned

Sorry to hear this. Labs are the most loyal of dogs.

I am another dog guy and am truly, truly sorry for your loss.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry for your loss, pets are a part of us and losing one leaves a hole in our hearts.

Boolit Master

It's been years since I had and lost a dog but this still chokes me up. So sorry you lost part of your family.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Very sorry for your loss.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Labs are the most loyal of dogs.
    They are indeed. Sorry for your loss.

Banned

I lost my best friend about a year ago. It was heart wrenching. Cant imagine losing two in that short period of time. I was against getting another but my wife pressured me into giving in and we now have a 6 month old choc. named luke and I have to admit its helped me. Ive had quite a few dogs through the years but the last one was the first lab and he was a special dog. So much so that I will surely own no other dogs but labs in the future.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to hear. Dogs are family members and will be missed forever. Labs are so smart and loyal.

Banned
    Sorry for your loss Deerslayer I have buried 7 myself and every time I say no, I won't go through this again. Then after a few months one of my sons or daughter in laws will come over with a brand new pup and I can't say no to that and it starts again I will train that new pup until they know what I am about to do just as sure as they could read my mind . I am at the point in life where things are being taken from me dogs, old friends I worked with even some a lot younger than me enjoy your life and get another best friend that is why God made them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast