Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x54R Brass - Can't Find

7.62x54R Brass - Can't Find

Does anyone know of any 7.62x54R brass for sale that is inexpensive or maybe have any they want to trade/etc? I appreciate any info. Thank you!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Boolit Grand Master

This is about as cheap as you'll find: https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/23713

I bought loaded rounds a few years back for about $.05 more than just the brass. That was a win win.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Boolit Master

NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Thanks for the sources. I was hoping to find say about 25 once-fired or so at first just as I've got the mold for some boolits but the brass is indeed expensive. I'll just have to save up some funds and buy something like the $40 pack.

I wasn't going to buy the Mosin but I found one for less than a couple hundred and was able to sell some stuff to get it. I'll just wait longer haha. I'm just happy I finally found one after looking for a long time.

Boolit Grand Master

Less than a couple hundred....ouch. It pains me to see them that high. Most of mine were under $100. Most I ever paid was $140 but it was a bright bore shooter. Should have bought cases of them back then.

I have 20 NEW Norma 7.62x54R. $17.00 shipped. if you want them. PM me if so.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

I bought most of my brass loaded at first. Most of it was PPU, about half was PPU Match, and it is still sealed.

When I looked at the brass price, and subtracted the brass price from the loaded price. Well it made the price look pretty good.

Since then I have gotten lucky a few times at my local range when they had small amounts they picked up for sale reasonable.

New empty Brass at Graf's, Lapua is 1.20$ ea, Norma is 1.16$ ea, PPU is .50$ ea.

Subtract that 50 cents per round from loaded brass. It can make loaded ammo look pretty good.

PPU loaded ammo at SGammo is 13.49$ per box of 20. Essentially paying 17 cents for the load, rest is all brass cost. And remember, you can pull those loads, mexican match. Pull and save the powder, bullets. Buy a hundred rounds, pull 20 gets you loading. If and when you find more brass load em back up again. Just take good notes.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/771

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Less than a couple hundred....ouch. It pains me to see them that high. Most of mine were under $100. Most I ever paid was $140 but it was a bright bore shooter. Should have bought cases of them back then.
    Yeah, ones with cracked stocks in only "Fair" surplus condition are going for $300 or so now. They are getting on up in price and I've wanted one. The pawn shop near me has had one for months and he wanted $240 (good condition and matching serial numbers except for the bolt...). Anyways, I use them as my FFL and ALWAYS buy their ammo when it comes in (in addition to their fee) just because they cannot compete with online prices. Nonetheless, I offered 199 and he accepted it after calling the owner. It doesn't have a stock crack or anything of the sort and looks good. I cleaned her out really well and she's sad, just sitting there haha.

These will continue to go up in prices (I believe). I didn't get it for that reason, I just like the history and wanted a piece of it. No sporterizing for me with it

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    This is about as cheap as you'll find: https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/23713

I bought loaded rounds a few years back for about $.05 more than just the brass. That was a win win.
    That is revolver ammo NOT 7.62X54R

Boolit Grand Master

a bag of 50 for 25.00 here try this. https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...73074/inline/1
    Charter Member #148

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    a bag of 50 for 25.00 here try this. https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...73074/inline/1
    Thank you! It appears someone else got there first haha. It's sold out now. 50 for $25 would be great, however.

Boolit Master
    Also go over to Gunboards(can I reference this site? I think Vic runs a good forum) they also have a swappin and sellin board, you may find some there. I have found brass there before, however you may need a certain level of posts to actually buy.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    That is revolver ammo NOT 7.62X54R
    Yeah, I don't know what happened there. The link I clicked was for 7.62x54r. I didn't check the page close enough, or at all it seems. Sorry about that.

Boolit Master

I've got about a 100. What have you got to trade??
    I can use most calibers but 32mag is on top of my list.
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 05-23-2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: fat fingers small keyboard
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by WickedColt View Post
    Yeah, ones with cracked stocks in only "Fair" surplus condition are going for $300 or so now. They are getting on up in price and I've wanted one. The pawn shop near me has had one for months and he wanted $240 (good condition and matching serial numbers except for the bolt...). Anyways, I use them as my FFL and ALWAYS buy their ammo when it comes in (in addition to their fee) just because they cannot compete with online prices. Nonetheless, I offered 199 and he accepted it after calling the owner. It doesn't have a stock crack or anything of the sort and looks good. I cleaned her out really well and she's sad, just sitting there haha.

These will continue to go up in prices (I believe). I didn't get it for that reason, I just like the history and wanted a piece of it. No sporterizing for me with it
    I bought several for about $75 each a number of years ago at a small gunshop that got a crate of them in. Great shooters but a bear to clean. Butches and JB Borepaste I think I resorted to. Last ones I saw at a gunshow were $275 I think.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

Well I guess he gave up on this brass no reply to my pm either. Anybody else need it.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

I could use it. Have some 10mm brass to trade, and bits and pieces of stuff. Have a few .348 Winchester, 8-10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast