Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Dyna Stik SOWW

Boolit Master

Dyna Stik SOWW

Just wondering if anyone has ever converted Dyna Stik stick on wheel weights into boolits and run into any problems. I was given a bucket of them recently. Some are "chrome" plated, probably either a flash nickel coating or an aluminum deposition like chrome parts for plastic models and others are bare alloy. It flaked off when I filed a flat spot for hardness testing. It tested at a BHN of 12.5 with a Lee tester so it's not pure like other stick on weights. The company's trademark expired in 1987 so they haven't been around for a while. These all still have the protective paper backing on the double faced tape but it's dried and hard. Melting will be a smoky, smelly mess but there's probably 75 pounds of them so I hate to scrap it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyna Stik stick on wheel weights.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	195153

Thanks,
    David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Never come across them. They must be similar to the gray painted stick ons if the hardness is like clip ons.

Boolit Grand Master

Those look like some that I had that had a removable clip. I melted them with the other clip-ons.

Boolit Master

Interesting. I have enough to melt them separately and get a decent batch of ingots but will probably treat them the same as COWW for the initial use until I figure out if it needs anything else. I was actually kind of disappointed when they tested as hard as they did. I've been using more pure lead alloyed in with other metals over the last year or so. Thanks.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris