Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: i don't care what you say about 25acp's

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    And as for the 32 not doing the job look at hand loads stopping power the 32 rates as good as the 38 special for one shot stops. Not sure why it should not on paper maybe people who use a 32 shoot better. But the stopping power and ballistics by the inch have some interesting data.

Boolit Master
    I have a Lyman Universal Trimmer with a Power Stem (driven with a portable drill motor) that I now have an incentive to try out on my freshly purchased PPU over length .25ACP brass cases.
    I had not Previously tried to adjust it down to this short a case length.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master
    Mixed results delayed by my local weather and the fact that my "reloading shop" is on my Back Patio and it has a Northeasterly Exposure for Wind and Rain and Cold.
    This winter has been in turns Windy, Rainy, and Cold by my local norms. Winds of 30 to 60 MPH, Rains that have caused mudslides in the area, but not at my location, and Cold that froze the Dew on the grass overnight.

the trimming results are not good, with trimmed lengths spread from .603" to .607" when trying for a constant length. It seems none of my presently owned trimmers is providing th eaccurate Trim length I want with any consistency.

Is it poor design for this short a case length or poor technique in my use of them?

More, and hopefully warmer, attempts later in the season may give answers.
    Chev. William

I have read this whole post and like what is all was said.I was at a sale last year and there was a 25 there and I bid on it and the problem with it is that the grip was not right and it had alot of use any ways there was one guy in the end that wanted it more then I did because he kept on going more then I was going to pay for it. I just raise it on him. He end up pay $300 for it and my last bid was $275. I walk away. Glad i did because I would end up buy dies and molds and brass for it. So would cost me more in the end I have a 327 BH and a 32 acp P32 and had a Handi rifle done to shoot 327mag and everything else I shoot of 32's.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    wow!

since i started this thread i have finished 10 k 25 acps ...shot some... now i'm down to a lowly 9,900 + a few.

and i've loaded 1000 pieces of 22 TCM ....talk about your small bullets to wrap my fat fingers around!

and i've done 20,000 45 acp's ....need to go to the range!

AND 8000 .380's

still to go .....40 s&w...38 special ...357 mag ...38 S&W ...44 mag and 45 colt....30 carbine

all in all about 120k of ammo

got to get busy now!

Boolit Master
    A Use for "Undersized" .25ACP cases!
    Swage them down to reform them into ".22 Ladybug" (CF equivalent of the .22Long rifle cartridge) as described by 'No Zombies" on this Forum.
    The Design is the case length of the .22LR or .22Long; but is the diameter of the .22WRF or .22WMR Cartridges. It is intended to use an inside lubed Bullet rather than the Heeled Outside Lube one of the .22LR and .22Long.

Best Regards,
    Chev. William

Boolit Master
    a member here also came up with a great idea.

he used a specially profiled nipple on his muzzle loader, made to accept .25 acp brass that was cut down.
    it was a tight fit over the nipple to keep out water... and cuts down the loading time as well.

Boolit Buddy
    LOL ,,,,,, really. I had a 25 that could not shot through a 1/4" plywood. 1 clip and I toss it in the safe .......... 20 years ago.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567