Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: i don't care what you say about 25acp's

What kind of firearms are you shooting bunches of 25 acp through? I assume... it aint cheap pocket pistols.

Perma-Banned
    You can legally hunt elk here in Idaho with a .25ACP, but you can NOT hunt elk with a .45 Caliber Muzzleloader pushing 400 PLUS grain bullets at 1400 FPS, Now that makes a BUNCH of sense doesn't it?

In KY, for deer... any centerfire handgun or rifle is legal. So 25 acp through 50 BMG, Rimfire aint legal for deer... regardless of caliber or power. And, only rimfire is legal for small game, So I could use a 44 henry... but not a reduced 38 special.

Boolit Master
    I shoot an erma werke ep-25 and a Phoenix arms 25. The erma is more picky than the Phoenix. Payed $50 for the erma and $120 new for the Phoenix. I'm hoping to finish the single shot rifle project soon.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    You can legally hunt elk here in Idaho with a .25ACP, but you can NOT hunt elk with a .45 Caliber Muzzleloader pushing 400 PLUS grain bullets at 1400 FPS, Now that makes a BUNCH of sense doesn't it?
    IT Demands Really Good Stalking Skills to take an Elk with a .25ACP if it is a Factory Loaded Cartridge you are using.

Laughing,
    Chev. William

well here's hoping he didn't have to apply a gas check in addition to the white PC. On the other hand a copper gas check might make it less likely to be mistaken for a tic-tac. Unless of course when you load tic-tac you put a gas check on them too so they won't shatter. Or is a wad card enough for shooting candy?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chev. William View Post
    IT Demands Really Good Stalking Skills to take an Elk with a .25ACP if it is a Factory Loaded Cartridge you are using.

Laughing,
    Chev. William

I'd much rather have my falling axe! And thats no joke!! Not being able to hunt Elk here with our .45 Cal Muzzleloaders just doesn't make sense? But its the Law, and thats that! My Green Mountain fast twist barreled TC Hawken with 400 Grain paper patched bullets will drive nails at 100 yards, best shooting Muzzleloader i own, it Sickens me that I can NOT elk hunt with it

Boolit Master
    I'm getting ready to load .25 ACP.I just got a set of dies and have some lead hollow points coming from Hunters Supply.I was bidding on a mould on Ebay but it went for over $200.00.I dropped out way before the end.I have a nice 1910 Mauser in .25.

Boolit Master

.25acp, practically a parlor gun

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    well here's hoping he didn't have to apply a gas check in addition to the white PC. On the other hand a copper gas check might make it less likely to be mistaken for a tic-tac. Unless of course when you load tic-tac you put a gas check on them too so they won't shatter. Or is a wad card enough for shooting candy?
    im pretty sure a wad card is good enough!

Boolit Master
    I think a nice SA revolver and a small bolt action repeater in .25 ACP would be a blast. Sort of a renewable .22 RF replacement.

Boolit Master
    Taurus makes a nice copy of the Beretta tilt barrel. Much higher quality than phoenix/raven/etc. I got my lyman mold, dies, some brass, swaged boolits in swap and sell here.

Boolit Grand Master
    I wrote to Dillon to see if would sell a "blank" shell plate but they do not offer one. They told me they gave up on trying to load .25ACP on a progressive as they experienced problems with case alignment and primer searing.

So the OP is correct. It will be necessary to use a single stage or possibly a turret press.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I load mine on a lee classic turret press.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    I think a nice SA revolver and a small bolt action repeater in .25 ACP would be a blast. Sort of a renewable .22 RF replacement.
    Ruger "Single Eight" in .25ACP with a 10-5/8" barrel is FUN even though My "Grip" is still weak for the Muzzle heavy Revolver. Custom CF conversion of a Used "Single Six .22CAL Convertible".

Chev. William

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I wrote to Dillon to see if would sell a "blank" shell plate but they do not offer one. They told me they gave up on trying to load .25ACP on a progressive as they experienced problems with case alignment and primer searing.

So the OP is correct. It will be necessary to use a single stage or possibly a turret press.
    .32 ACP loads just fine on a 550B, however. I think I was dropping 2.0gr of W231 pretty consistently.

Arclight

At that powder charge, wouldn't a dipper work? Good thing is the PB supply would last a long time. only about 70lbs to do the 10K at 50 grains. 70lbs does like a magazine for my .50 beuwolf.
    Retired Redleg
    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, I don't mind going out the same way.

Boolit Master
    Please tell us how you located 10,000 .25 acp cases. My guess is from a handgun manufacturer.

Boolit Master

If someone told me I had to load 10K 25 acp.. I'd quit reloading..

Boolit Grand Master

I would rather take a whipping! I hate loading those tiny buggers.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast