Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lee Precision Sizer on the Horizon

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    Remind me again why we like bottom eject so much more?
    Use a Star and you will understand.

Boolit Buddy
    I am very interested in this. If it uses their sizing dies, I'm going to seriously think about getting one. I am thinking of mounting an old RCBS JR3 upside down and reversing the stroke just for a bullet sizer, but will await more details on this and a release date.

I am very interested to find out more details of this...I wonder what the price is as well as all the other possible ancillary costs.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Boolit Master

I'm hoping it comes in at around $100 or so. It really doesn't have to be built like a tank, nor does it have to be all that big. If I had to guess I'm betting it's just a press designed around their sizing dies.

What would be really nice is if it works on the upstroke instead of the down stroke.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    I'm hoping it comes in at around $100 or so. It really doesn't have to be built like a tank, nor does it have to be all that big. If I had to guess I'm betting it's just a press designed around their sizing dies.

What would be really nice is if it works on the upstroke instead of the down stroke
    when you turn a regular press upside down instead of pulling down to raise the ram to the top of the press you will will lift the handle to bring the ram to the top (which is now on the bottom) of the press.

You get used to the opposite movement of the handle quite quickly
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

I hope it doesn't end up like the press mounted bullet pulling unit that Lee was going to release and never did. I even saw a video of him demonstrating it and it looked promising.

Banned

I have it from John Lee, over one year out at best. So let's hope someone has the sense to make/market a simple bottom out sizing tool that is bottom out and allows us to use NOE/Lee sizing dies. I do not want to wait a year or two. I don't need or want a lubrisizer as I use PC and tumble lube. I will hope and pray somone gets a solution to us. Hope and pray

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I have it from John Lee, over one year out at best. So let's hope someone has the sense to make/market a simple bottom out sizing tool that is bottom out and allows us to use NOE/Lee sizing dies. I do not want to wait a year or two. I don't need or want a lubrisizer as I use PC and tumble lube. I will hope and pray somone gets a solution to us. Hope and pray
    I agree. Several members here have made them for personal use. I've seen a couple of good designs.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    I agree. Several members here have made them for personal use. I've seen a couple of good designs.

Agree Tex. Pretty simple to do. Just mount the press upside down.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/80...FQkLaQod84kKtQ

I think this is the one I have seen mounted that way and it is really cheap.
    Don Verna

Boolit Bub
    after reading some of these forums and watching a couple of videos, I mounted a press upside down off of a portable jawhorse by Rockwell and hung a bucket underneath to catch 'em

Boolit Bub
    I also saw where someone modified a lee bullet feeder to feed cast PC bullets into an upright mounted press, I just might give that a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12