Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frankford Arsenal Tumbler - Who Has One?

Quote Originally Posted by edp2k View Post

dump brass on towel and make a hammock and do the bowling ball polish.
    And here I was thinking I was the only one doing this. LOL. Works great!

Boolit Mold

Frankford Arsenal Tumbler - Who Has One?

Dawn definitely works better than gain dish soap. How many tumble with the primers left in?

Quote Originally Posted by coatessey View Post
    Dawn definitely works better than gain dish soap. How many tumble with the primers left in?
    \

Thanks to someone suggesting it, I've found that Turtle Zip Wash and Wax works better than either. And I mean WAY better.

I've tumbled with primers in, but I won't do it any more. Ringers are a big PITA.

I purchased a Frankford Tumbler a couple of years ago got it home set it up threw in 100 of.357 brass after about 45 minutes I heard this bad noise coming from my reload room only to find my new tumbler had come apart. I then call where I bought it from and he said to call Frankford. I did and the guy at Frankford said I MUST of abused it and it could be sent in for repairs at a charge.From that point NOTHING of Frankford will ever by seen in my reloading room ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by GDLT31 View Post
    I purchased a Frankford Tumbler a couple of years ago got it home set it up threw in 100 of.357 brass after about 45 minutes I heard this bad noise coming from my reload room only to find my new tumbler had come apart. I then call where I bought it from and he said to call Frankford. I did and the guy at Frankford said I MUST of abused it and it could be sent in for repairs at a charge.From that point NOTHING of Frankford will ever by seen in my reloading room ever again.
    I'm really surprised they made that call over the phone. Sounds like you spoke with a real jerk. I would have called back and spoken with another person, then let them know that the last person you spoke with did a poor job of representing their company.

Frankford Arsenal's Warranty:

Limited 1-Year Warranty – Accessory

Battenfeld Technologies, Inc.® (BTI) are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Any such defects for which BTI receives written notice by the original retail purchaser will be remedied within a reasonable time after such notification and delivery of the covered products as provided herein. BTI will, at its option, repair or replace without charge, except for transportation costs, covered products that are defective in either materials or workmanship that have been used and maintained in accordance with the provided instructions.

Warranty claims (in writing) and the product or part thereof concerned should be delivered, postage prepaid, to BTI at the address below. In addition, a copy of the bill of sale indicating date of purchase must be included. Please include your physical address, phone number and email address.

BTI will not be responsible for defects or malfunctions resulting from careless handling, unauthorized adjustments or modifications, defective or improper ammunition and/or propellant, corrosion, neglect, abuse, ordinary wear and tear, or unreasonable use, commercial use, criminal misuse, negligence, or use under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BTI BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO ECONOMIC LOSS, INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHETHER AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.

Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties and/or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

Frankford Arsenal-Tumbler

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    I'm really surprised they made that call over the phone. Sounds like you spoke with a real jerk. I would have called back and spoken with another person, then let them know that the last person you spoke with did a poor job of representing their company.

Frankford Arsenal's Warranty:

Limited 1-Year Warranty – Accessory

Battenfeld Technologies, Inc.® (BTI) are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Any such defects for which BTI receives written notice by the original retail purchaser will be remedied within a reasonable time after such notification and delivery of the covered products as provided herein. BTI will, at its option, repair or replace without charge, except for transportation costs, covered products that are defective in either materials or workmanship that have been used and maintained in accordance with the provided instructions.

Warranty claims (in writing) and the product or part thereof concerned should be delivered, postage prepaid, to BTI at the address below. In addition, a copy of the bill of sale indicating date of purchase must be included. Please include your physical address, phone number and email address.

BTI will not be responsible for defects or malfunctions resulting from careless handling, unauthorized adjustments or modifications, defective or improper ammunition and/or propellant, corrosion, neglect, abuse, ordinary wear and tear, or unreasonable use, commercial use, criminal misuse, negligence, or use under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BTI BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO ECONOMIC LOSS, INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHETHER AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.

Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties and/or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
    Oh,I still have the tumbler with the original box,but after the phone call I took it upon myself to try and fix,but to no avail. I then put it back into the box and shelved it,and it has been sitting for years just as a reminder not to buy Frankford products. I don't like bashing products,but when I spend hard earned money and it doesn't last one hour.That doesn't make me happy. I hope my experience doesn't make anyone not want to buy Frankford products.This is the first I have said anything about this,as this is the first post I have seen about Frankford products. I don't mean to offend anyone,just telling about my experience.

Boolit Master
    I run mine every week, two hours at a time for 3 loads, no problems

jmort - thanks for the chart, downloaded that baby for "someday". My Cabela's / Berry's tumbler would hardly vibrate last time I started it, ran fine before that. Going to take a look at cleaning and a little oil on the shaft but really wanted to get one of these wet tumblers and the package from FA seemed like the best deal. Little too tight on money to fit the FART in budget right now so I guess I'll just be jealous of 308Jeff for a little while longer.... Or dig around for something to sell but I part with stuff like a miser tips, very little.

On that Vaseline on rubber O ring thing it also works well on the filter case for well water filter. Little on the ring and a little on the threads makes getting that case open to change filters a whole lot easier.

I thought the clean primer pocket was a good part of the appeal to wet tumbling, that and inside clean. Nice to have brass all super shiny but corncob or walnut will get the outside looking pretty good. That pocket and inside is the bonus from the wet tumbling that I'm looking forward to.
    Last edited by RogerDat; 06-06-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Oh,I still have the tumbler with the original box,but after the phone call I took it upon myself to try and fix,but to no avail. I then put it back into the box and shelved it,and it has been sitting for years just as a reminder not to buy Frankford products. I don't like bashing products,but when I spend hard earned money and it doesn't last one hour.That doesn't make me happy. I hope my experience doesn't make anyone not want to buy Frankford products.This is the first I have said anything about this,as this is the first post I have seen about Frankford products. I don't mean to offend anyone,just telling about my experience.
    I don't think anyone was offended. I have ZERO experience with F.A. customer service, and only have a few items on my bench from them.

One thing I've noticed about customer service, no matter what the product is, is that how you're treated sometimes it depends on who answers the phone for you that day. Some folks have a bad day, and some were just never meant to be in that position.

I know it's been a long time, but if you have few minutes some day, maybe try calling them again and tell them about your previous experience? Even if it's been years, the condition of the unit should speak volumes regarding what happened.

Boolit Master
    The advice to call FA is good for everyone except you. If the store has a return policy I always use it. I paid for something new and in perfect working order, if that's not what I got then I take the easiest path to resolution, and that's generally to just swap it out.

Given that it's been years that's not really an option, so call FA again and see what they say, or maybe write them a letter explaining that you appreciate their efforts and innovation for reloaders, but this one old problem just has you sour o. Them and would they kindly take care of it for you.

Thank you all for understanding my experience maybe I will call. I even think I have the receipt in the box so I could give them the exact date. I don't want anything from Frankford,because I now only use RCBS and a few Lyman and a sprinkle of Lee factory crimps but that's it. I still have that reminder sitting on my shelf.Again I want to thank everyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123