WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Hollywood on Eugene OR Craigslist

Hollywood on Eugene OR Craigslist

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/6113462120.html
    This is not my add. Hollywood senior press comes with table. Add states "make a reasonable offer".

Boolit Master
    This may not be so, but on the first photo the top piece does not look square to the riser, thus misalignment of the die to shell holder.

Also, $450 is way out of line for an aluminum Senior.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Yep, that press has problems!

It has always amazed me, how people can turn a blind eye to what they have to sale, and still put up a crazy price!!!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

I've noticed reloading equipment around here seems to be made of gold. Of course gold is a terrible replacement for tool steel.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi,
    Yep, that press has problems!

It has always amazed me, how people can turn a blind eye to what they have to sale, and still put up a crazy price!!!
    Exactly. Right now, some moron on Ebay has a Senior for sale that he wants $1000 for. I emailed him to let him know what the actual value is for it, and the socially-challenged individual did nothing more than send me a ridiculous reply asking if everyone in my family is as stupid as me.

The Craigslist seller named a random price, but will accept a lesser price. $300 is a better price, although even that is high.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
    Exactly. Right now, some moron on Ebay has a Senior for sale that he wants $1000 for. I emailed him to let him know what the actual value is for it, and the socially-challenged individual did nothing more than send me a ridiculous reply asking if everyone in my family is as stupid as me.

The Craigslist seller named a random price, but will accept a lesser price. $300 is a better price, although even that is high.
    I've had similar exchanges with ebay sellers. Unethical people hate it when someone points out their lack of ethics.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    I've had similar exchanges with ebay sellers. Unethical people hate it when someone points out their lack of ethics.
    Unethical because someone asks a price more than you are willing to pay?

Boolit Bub
    And I have seen some things sell for way above it's value!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Boolit Master

gold is a terrible replacement for tool steel I am going to borrow that one.

The press is about $100 to 150, maybe more if dead mint in box blah blah. There are lots of better press around of that money. Offer him $50 and tell him why. Bent ,chipped paint, missing parts.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KohlerK91 View Post
    Unethical because someone asks a price more than you are willing to pay?
    Kevin didn't ask for a cheaper price. He offered knowledgeable advice which the seller could have politely refused. Instead, seller chose to insult Kevin and his family.

You obviously agree with the seller's rude and uncalled for response.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."

Boolit Buddy
    Kevin didn't ask for a cheaper price. He offered knowledgeable advice which the seller could have politely refused. Instead, seller chose to insult Kevin and his family.

You obviously agree with the seller's rude and uncalled for response.

The "Ask a Question" button on EBay is intended for just that, Asking questions.

Using it to tell someone their item is not worth what they are asking is probably not a good idea. Especially with no intention to make an offer.

Boolit Master
    I can see, 'thank you for your input' as a response. Just don't see why you're defending rudeness here.

- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    When I see an ad like that I figure the guy is "fishing"!

Remember it only takes one!

This can also go the other way!

I was at a Gun Show and was looking at a press ($50) I really didn't want, and was walking away.

The owner said he had another press to sale and pulled a steel (Short) Hollywood Senior from behind his bench.

When I asked how much, he said $10!
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Buddy
    Best thing to do is just let people be stupid on there own. No point to antagonize them for no reason. If you don't like a person's price why take the time to offer input if you don't intend to buy it anyway?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KohlerK91 View Post
    The "Ask a Question" button on EBay is intended for just that, Asking questions.

Using it to tell someone their item is not worth what they are asking is probably not a good idea. Especially with no intention to make an offer.
    The purpose of Ebay is to buy and sell stuff. The seller wants to sell someone at a grossly inflated price that he will never get. What is wrong w/ gently correcting him on a truer value so he can sell it to someone who wants it?
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Banned
    I agree with Kevin, and I too have tried to gently help some sellers. Sometimes it comes out ok, but there are those with a very inflated sense of their own self worth that only know how to insult everyone.
    Kevin, at least you tried,
    Ken

Boolit Master
    I can see, 'thank you for your input' as a response. Just don't see why you're defending rudeness here.
    I had a S&W model 28 on Armslist last year. Great shape with original grips. Asked $500.

Some guy emailed me calling me a gouger and telling me that a Model 28 is a bargain basement gun and was only worth $300 at most.

Put me in the camp that would prefer people keep their "helpful advice" to themselves.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    I had a S&W model 28 on Armslist last year. Great shape with original grips. Asked $500.

Some guy emailed me calling me a gouger and telling me that a Model 28 is a bargain basement gun and was only worth $300 at most.

Put me in the camp that would prefer people keep their "helpful advice" to themselves.
    There is, 'trying to help' and there is, 'being a jerk'. Not hard to tell the two apart. To the 'jerk' (like Elkins45 dealt with) who's just being critical I would say, "don't need your opinion and don't need your bid". Still not calling his entire family stupid.

- Thomas Jefferson

... prime example... The huge Hollywood Press lot that has been on E-bay forever... amazing no one has bought it... wonder when she will figure out the price is too high, she has to know by now it is.... probably re-list it a few more times at the same high price...