Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: New possibles bag came in!

Banned

New possibles bag came in!

Ordered mine a while back and Jim had to custom make it.

I got a surprise in the mail today and unboxed my new possibles bag! I am completely blown away with the quality of work Jim puts into his stuff! This bag warmed my heart when I saw on it on his site. It completely melted my heart when I opened the box and pulled it out!

Size measurements, 9"x8"x1.5"

It's consistent with bags depicted by the artist Alfred Jacob Miller at the 1837 Rendezvous.

The lace is cut from the same hide as the bag so the colors are consistent.

This is one heavy duty leather bag made to stand up to use!

The bag hangs close to your body and does not flop around and worse, try coming around you when you bend over.

Jim also put 4 leather thongs on the bag so you can either decorate it a little or in my case, I used 3 of the thongs to attach my powder horn. 2 to hold the horn itself, and 1 that attached to the horn plug so I do not lose it.

The bag is sewn together with leather as well. A 2 compartment bag with plenty of room to spare!

Later I will make an antler powder measure and attach that to the last thong and I will be set!

The strap is only 3/4" wide but because this is an actual hunting bag, it does not cut into your shoulder like you originally would think. Right now my bag consists of the tools I need to remove the wedge key and nipple, nipple pick, a tin of lubed patches, spare caps, ear plug, powder measure, small ball starter & leather capper.

I could actually remove the extra patches as the patch box on my rifle carries a ton of them. The only thing I do not put into my bag of course is my ball bag. That is real heavy and aggravates my neck when I start over loading. My ball bag is tied onto my 3" wide leather belt around my waist.

And of course, my ball bag is actually secured to my belt.
    Last edited by FrontierMuzzleloading; 05-09-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Perma-Banned
    That's fancier than mine, but mine says THANK YOU, and HAVE A NICE DAY

Attachment 194620

Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    That's fancier than mine, but mine says THANK YOU, and HAVE A NICE DAY

Attachment 194620
    Ha ha!

Congrats on the new equipment.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Ha ha!

Congrats on the new equipment.
    This is actually true!! This IS what i use! I thought about upgrading to an Ammo Can after i heard bubba.50 say he uses one

This is actually true!! This IS what i use! I thought about upgrading to an Ammo Can after i heard bubba.50 say he uses one
    Don't worry 54, I live by the KISS rule (Keep It Simple Stupid!) so if you use a plastic grocery bag for a possibles bag, then I'm fine with it. I'd probably do something similar LOL!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Iron a bunch of bags together to make the fuzed plastic to lasts. I make mine from old leather purses or blue jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Iron a bunch of bags together to make the fuzed plastic to lasts. I make mine from old leather purses or blue jeans.

Do you put anything between the iron and the plastic, or is a power temperature enough to avoid melting to the iron?

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taco650 View Post
    Don't worry 54, I live by the KISS rule (Keep It Simple Stupid!) so if you use a plastic grocery bag for a possibles bag, then I'm fine with it. I'd probably do something similar LOL!
    I'm not much of a possibles bag kinda guy. LOL, October Country is about 45 Mins from me, and Buffalo Arms 30 mins the other way. October Country has TONS of leather Possibles bags (leather making is kinda their specialty) Truth is, i wouldn't drive down there if they GAVE me every single one of them. I like Idahoron's method better than anything i have ever seen, a reversed fanny pack for hunting. I am MUCH MUCH more in to function than Tradition. But it's like i said before in a thread i started, titled diversity of our sport or something like that? Us paper patch guys are a small group, Flintlock guys, Cap Lock guys, Traditionalists, etc. The most IMPORTANT part is having fun in the sport!! If dressing up 'Floats your boat' DRESS UP!! If it doesn't, then DONT DRESS UP!
    Frontiermuzzleloading, That is a FINE looking possibles bag! If i were in to them, i would want one just like yours!

Perma-Banned
    I used 'possibles bags' similar to yours for years except mine said 'Wade's Supermarket'. still do occasionally if I have several things I want to try at the range. for every day use at the range my ammo can will hold a can of powder with spout, measure, safety glasses, ear plugs, tin of caps, MTM plastic ammo case full of pre-lubed maxi's or reals, nipple wrench and a screwdriver and small adjustable wrench for emergency situations.

never could get into the 'man purse' thing so, for huntin' I put a few pre-measured powder charges, tin of caps, MTM box with pre-lubed bullets, nipple pick & nipple wrench in various coat pockets.

works for me, YMMV

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel.mac View Post
    Do you put anything between the iron and the plastic, or is a power temperature enough to avoid melting to the iron?
    Look up fused plastic bags on YouTube

My possibles bag is about 25 years old. It's the side bag off from the marlboro backpack. I got it from my best hunting and fishing buddy. Lymphoma got him last fall. I don't think I can replace it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0171.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	194786

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by PtMD989 View Post
    My possibles bag is about 25 years old. ........ I got it from my best hunting and fishing buddy. Lymphoma got him last fall. I don't think I can replace it.
    I don't see why you would want to.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Nice bag frontiermuzzleoading ! Does it have pockets inside ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

If I didn't have this one. One like Frontier has would be awesome to have.

I use a cordura camera case. 3 compartment inside and a side pocket all covered with a cornered snap top. It works good for me.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

Here's a link to a video of fusing plastic bags together. Use paper above/below.
    https://youtu.be/Tn2X1iCfQaA

Boolit Master
    I use an old army surplus gas mask carrier for my possibles bag, for all my firearm hunting, not just BP. It's the one for the M9 gas mask. I did have to relocate the straps, so that the opening of the bag is on top, not facing the front. I have been using it since around 1975. Should have bought two of them. I think they were like $3 each at the time.

Banned
    Updated the original post with my pictures!