RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: eBay is flooded with Russian WW 2 sniper scopes

eBay is flooded with Russian WW 2 sniper scopes

Any thoughts to share about this? They seem to be coming out of Ukraine and the Russian Federation. Any thoughts about that?

i am tempted to buy one. What would I need to be aware of if I bought one.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

Boolit Buddy
    You are taking a risk on whether the internal mechanisms work. I know of two people who bought Mosin Nagant snipers with the scopes The optics were so-so but the p.o.i couldn't be adjusted 'it was as if they were frozen. Not by ice but old age. You can't send them back to Russia for warranty work. Caveat emptor.

Boolit Grand Master
    The only one I have seen had very course adjustments. When the knobs were turned they felt like there was sand in them. Four clicks in one adjustment, may need five or six to get the same reading next time. Unless it is for a curio only, spend your money on a better optic.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Get real educated about reproduction scopes vs. original ones. If these are billed as originals and priced accordingly, be very cautious. It would be a good idea to research the seller too, and ask point blank if they know for a fact these are originals. Not that long ago there were counterfeit Leupold scopes on the secondary market that fooled a lot of people, so it wouldn't be a stretch to counterfeit what was probably a crudely finished WWII-Korean War era Russian scope.

Boolit Buddy
    Main tging on the old PU scopes:

Domed screws are legit, flat screws are fake.

Be careful, there's a ton of fakes out there.
    I collect exotic ammo, if you have something interesting let me know.