Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Toaster Oven Cookie Sheet

Toaster Oven Cookie Sheet

I picked up a couple of flat cookie sheets since my toaster oven pan has a wavy bottom and a wire grill. Problem is they are just a smudge to narrow to fit in the grooves that hold them securely. They have rolled edges so I was thinking I could unroll them some with little chance of a decent result. I could flatten the rolled edge and hope the edge expanded the needed amount. I could grind the non stick coating off and weld a bit but my cheapo welder would probably blow right through the pan. But then I got to thinking about attaching something that might clip or slit on on to the edge somehow to give it the slight increase in width. So with the collective wisdom here I thought I would see if there were any good ideas?

I keep thinking about something like a brass tube sliced down the middle on one side but I've got nothing that would make a cut like that.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master

had the same problem, just bent the ends of the cookie sheets down so they slide on the wire racks. would be nice to slide them into the slots and do away with the racks but was in a hurry to start pc'ing and have never needed to change it up.

I'm hoping to be able to get both sheets in the oven at the same time.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Banned
    If your oven is a toaster oven , not a convection oven then it does not have the advantage of hot air circulation for more even baking. A plain toaster oven will work if you don't overload it. I'm afraid you will be asking for trouble if you try to use 2 sheets at once in your toaster oven. Uneven cooking -w- over cooked and under cooked projectiles.

We're not talking Baked Alaska in the garage.

I've used both my trays but trying to get away from them since they are not flat bottomed.

Banned
    You had to male me hungry, --- shame on you. No were talking about under cured coatings badly fouling up your barrel

Banned
    You can make slits in tubing with a dremel type tool and a diamond wheel. I recommend the Black and Decker RTX rotary tool. You can pick them up for about $35 new. The diamond wheels sell for less than $5 on eBay. You would be amazed what you can do with that $40 worth of tools. For me it is practically a machine shop. Good luck with your cookie sheets. I just discovered those silicone hot pads for placing boolits on in the toaster oven. The best thing I have found yet. They have them at Dollar Tree for ... you guessed it $1. Only they are an inconvenient size. Going to try cutting them and putting them on a tray.

Boolit Master

I use flat aluminum sheets and just slide them on top of the wire racks of the oven
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    The easiest way to get a permanent flat surface is simply cover your rack with roof flashing either galvanized steel or aluminum cut to size. I have a big paper cutter that will cut aluminum like it was paper, which is an easy way to get clean straight and square cuts. If you have access to a sheetmetal brake folding the edges is a snap. Just be sure to put the flashing on front to back so the side rails are left exposed. The edges of the flashing are bent over and under using a small hammer and they will stay locked in place. Finally cut a silicon baking mat to fit your rack and you will be good for years.

Attachment 194719Attachment 194720

Unluckily mine is not a flat rack, the sides are bent up so it hangs slightly below the groove it slides in.

I smeared some 'anti-seize' on the underside of my tray edges where it contacts the oven and did the same there. Then I wiped off the excess and tried sliding it in and out without having the skidding vibration that knocked my rifle cast over...Wallagh! It didn't feel like it was on ball bearings but it did slide much smoother.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Bub
    I bought a couple of 1/4" aluminum sheets online that will fit in my oven. I found with the heavier sheets loaded with bullets that it is more stable and less likely to tip every bullet over if I move it the wrong way. With the lighter trays the slightest nudge/bump would trigger the domino effect (not the pizza version). I just set them on the existing racks in the oven. The old tray that came with the oven is now used inverted with carpet tacks JBwelded to the bottom for use with sprayed hollow points. Just have to be careful where I sit the darn thing when not in use (or stored away in the oven when not in use).
    Last edited by meadmkr; 05-25-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Boolit Bub
    Could you rivet some fender washers to the "handle" flats of the pan to fit your toaster oven?

I'm thinking that would be to much

Boolit Master
    The problem with aluminum if it is fitted to the oven groove guides is it will expand when heated enough to lock itself in place until the oven cools, don't ask how I know this. So far I haven't found anything better than wrapping the racks with sheetmetal to get a firm flat surface.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Boolit_Head View Post
    We're not talking Baked Alaska in the garage.

I've used both my trays but trying to get away from them since they are not flat bottomed.
    I got some 1/8" thick aluminum sheet and cut it to fit and put "oven liner" over it-no sticking and reusable existing Oven liner has been used for many K bullits. Aluminium sheet sets on wire rack.

Boolit Master

after posting above went another route
    I had one wire rack that came with toaster oven (not convection)
    went to wally world and found a rack that I could cut down to fit into other set of slots
    I now shake and dump on some wire racks with sides turned up that I made, then put these on the larger ones that fit the slots

no solid surfaces to block the heat from the top and bottom heating elements.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

I use wire drawer organizers for baking bullets. They come in a variety of sizes to fit any oven, mix & match.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol