Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Miniature Schnauzer that loves a laser

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Miniature Schnauzer that loves a laser

We have a 20lb Miniature Schnauzer that loves a laser

I have some handguns that have a laser on them. While fondling them in my favorite easy chair. I would activate the laser on the rug. Sherry saw the little red dot and we were off. She acts like a cat and tries to get the laser. So when I get any handgun in my hand she is right there ready to go.

I told the wife I needed a laser for all my handguns. She looks at me and says well don't get them all at one time. LOL

Sherry has fingered it out were the light comes from and knows I control it.

I had to buy a laser pointer (safer and cheaper), She knows were its kept and if I reach anywhere near it she is right there.

So you might want to give it a try. The Vet even had a laser pointer in a Christmas basket.
    Its gives them great exercise (rained here for the last 3 days)

Anyone else dog chase lasers?
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Vendor Sponsor

Them lasers will make a hound dog climb a pine tree!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

Dads border collie blue healer loved the laser pointers. He would have chased them right up the wall. Cats also go nuts over them. Yesterday at the LGS picking up a new rifle I found it interesting that the boxer there wouldn't leave my walker alone. The owner was on him and I told Chad you guys play with him with tennis balls, he thinks the ones on my walkers back legs are his toys too. Took them off and put them in the Daughters purse and He left the walker alone. LOL

Boolit Master

My Cockatoo loves playing with the laser dot sometimes.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Grand Master

I've played with our cat until she will not even look at the laser anymore. My Sons Lab, now he will tear something up chasing it. I use it like a live critter would act, that is I bring it out from under a piece of furniture and park it back under something when finished.

Boolit Master

My Pitbull loves to chase a laser dot around, my wife hates it cause all the throw rugs end up all over.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Grand Master

My Miniature Schnauzer (Akela) not only chases a laser dot but loves ice cubes........

Attachment 194386

but also...."sssshhhh....it's wabbit season......"

Attachment 194387

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    Grandson and the dog can clean the ice out of a glass of iced tea before I can hardly have a chance to get a swallow.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    My Miniature Schnauzer (Akela) not only chases a laser dot but loves ice cubes........

Attachment 194386

but also...."sssshhhh....it's wabbit season......"

Attachment 194387

Larry Gibson
    Sherry loves Ice cubes also. When she hears the ice maker run she at the wife's feet to get anything that falls on the floor.
    When you finish a drink, if you rattle the ice she is there in a heart beat.
    She chase the rabbits out of the back yard also.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    She was getting a bit old at this point, but still ran for the laser... got the laser many years ago at Lowes on their clearance table marked down from $30 to $15. I found that it didn't measure worth a darn, but boy the dogs love it. One 9v battery lasts all year with heavy use. Maybe they should have marketed it as a dog toy .

Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

I can't keep a lid on my mug of ice water because Munchkin loves to sit on the handle and crunch the ice. I never thought I'd see a Cockatoo that liked to eat ice. He's also been trying to figure out how to drink out of the straw like his papa does. He's mastered drinking out of a glass like we do.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Banned

Be careful about the dog's eyes. Only takes a flash or reflection.

Boolit Master
    I have a Rough Collie (Lassie) and a Border Collie that will do it all day if I have the time.

One evening I shot the Laser on the Temperature Gun down the dark hall into the dark bedroom, so I thought! Turns out the bedroom door was closed. You know what happened next. I felt soooo bad and guilty.

Now I make SURE that door is open.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    I have 3 that go nuts when I pickup anything that resembles the laser. Wife hates the noise. If I take the male blue healer outside at dusk, he will do laps around our garden fence till he drops. Do mind the eyes, will damage them just like humans.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Be careful about the dog's eyes. Only takes a flash or reflection.
    http://www.pattyvisioncenters.com/in...hurt_your_eyes

Conclusion: Myth Confirmed

While it is unlikely most lasers used in toys, games, and laser pointers can permanently damage your eyes, it is theoretically possible so caution should be exercised. However, spilt second exposure from type II or IIIA laser pointers will not result in any permanent damage. Shining a laser pointer in someone’s eye performing certain visual tasks can cause flash blindness and result in an accident. Children should never play with lasers unsupervised and no one should use a laser that is not properly labeled by the United States Food and Drug Administration. It is possible to order very powerful lasers over the internet and there use is definitely dangerous.
    Last edited by DCP; 05-01-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

You really want to make your mini happy get her a mouse in a plastic ball. Great play value until the mouse has a heart attack

For ours standard schnauzer it is the stream of water from a hose or sprinkler. She will chase that like a cat after a laser dot. Gets a little messy if she takes a mind to start biting the sprinkler stream and then go digging for moles. That beard starts looking worse than muddy work boots. Have to take hose and shoot stream for her to chase then let her catch and bite the water until her face is cleaned up.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat