WidenersRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

—2 Corinthians 5:17

Imagine turning on your television and seeing a car dealer standing in front of a fleet of Ferraris. He says, “Hi, I’m Crazy Eddie, and if you’ll bring in your car and trade it in, I’ll give you a Ferrari. I don’t care what shape your car is in or even if it’s an old piece of junk. No need to put any money down. I’ll give you a Ferrari.”

Would you even bother driving over to see Crazy Eddie? Probably not. You wouldn’t believe him, because you don’t get something for nothing.

Yet God Almighty says, “I will give you eternal life. I will give you the forgiveness of sin. I will fill the void in your life.”

You say, “What’s the catch?”

“Give me your life.”

“Yes, but what else? Surely there’s something I need to do.” It’s hard to accept that God would simply forgive us. Aren’t certain works of righteousness necessary on our part?

God says, “No, you have broken all the laws. There is no way you could earn My grace or forgiveness. I offer it to you freely. But once you have received it, then I expect you in return. I’m giving you everything. Now, give Me your life. I don’t care what kind of shape it’s in.”

You say, “Lord, this is crazy. Talk about a trade-in deal. It doesn’t even work anymore.”

He says, “That’s all right. I’m in the restoration business. Watch what I can do.” So you bring your life. You bring your problems. You bring yourself to Him.

Jesus said, “If you give up your life for me, you will find it” (Matthew 10:39). This almost sounds contradictory. But He will give you the purpose and life you have been searching for. Don’t be afraid to give yourself to God.

when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

What a great inspiration for today! I remember hearing a sermon very much like this post, but it's been so long ago, I can't recall any details or even an approximate date. I know I was young, and it impressed me, and made me see more clearly just what God's love is really all about. It truly doesn't make "sense" to us because we have a very hard time believing God could be that generous and that loving. But it's true, no matter how much trouble we have relating to that Truth.

And all we have to do is reach out and take His hand, and accept this inestimable Gift that He offers us! None of this makes "sense" to our worldly minds, unless and until we consider the wondrous power of love. And His love is the biggest, deepest and most perfect Love that exists. This is what keeps me so in awe of Him, and so appreciative of what all He has done, and offered to us. What a wonderful God we serve!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    You are reborn in your acceptance of GOD , you are new . The holy spirit dwells in you . Thank you rl69 !
    No turning back , No turning back !