WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don't know where else to put this. What is the oldest firearm that you own?

Perma-Banned
    I don't currently own anything very old, Pre warning .54 Cal TC Renegade with really low serial number is my oldest. I have owned a bunch over the years though, i bought, sold, and traded some really old stuff over the years, some i sure wish i had kept. An old Colt official police brand new unfired in the box, that's one of many i would like to have back today

Boolit Master

I've got an H&R 5-shot revolver chambered in .32 H&R (NOT .32 H&R Magnum, .32 H&R was a BP round between .32 S&W and .32 S&W Long in both length and power, predating the latter by 4-5 years) -- made in 1891, as nearly as I can date it (it's a variation that was made only two years, so it can't be newer than '91, nor older than '90). It's a BP-only model, and I haven't had a chance to make up rounds for it -- and haven't wanted to stress the old piece with smokeless, even in the wimpy factory loading (same ballistics as the original BP short round). That's not my oldest piece, though.

A couple months before I got the H&R, I found a little .32 RF Long revolver at a gun show, and grabbed it -- figuring I could either convert it to centerfire or make ersatz RF rounds for it, either way using .32 Colt Long cases. It's a Red Jacket, and as nearly as I can find (not much information out there on these) it was made in the 1870s. Looks like it was shot once, cleaned, and then spent the next century-plus in a sock drawer. I will eventually make it shoot again; it's hard to consider centerfire conversion, but I think that's better for the gun, overall, than using nail gun blanks (loaded with fast smokeless, roughly like Bullseye) to make ersatz rimfire rounds. I've been wondering if I can make a rocker firing pin that would shoot either centerfire or rimfire, if I ever find usable/affordable .32 RF ammunition loaded with BP or substitute...

Boolit Grand Master
    I have two 1866 French Chassepot needle guns.
    One that I've been shooting for a while now.
    Made new needles and washers for them.
    Working on different loads. Different sizes of powder.
    Great fun.

Boolit Man
    1871 Remington New York State Militia Rolling Block rifle in 50-70. Still a tack driver and you can smell the campfire smoke embedded in the stock.

S&W single action .32 S&W, 1884.

Boolit Buddy
    Carl Gustavstad 6.5x55. One of the guns butchered by Kimber in the 70's. Made in 1899. Still a nice accurate gun. I have had it for years. Killed a couple of does a long time ago.. Bought from a pawn shop for $100 out the door.

Smith and Wesson Safety Hammerless .38S&W 3rd model, last date on the barrel is 1890 so I am guess it's somewhere in the mid-1890s production. The resin grips finally cracked and busted, but the action is still smooth if heavy and it shoots the peashooter .38s to somewhere near POA at 10yds.
    Nickle finish is probably 85-90% except the cylinder which could pass for new (serial matches frame)

One of these days I am getting it lettered and put it in a nice frame

Boolit Master
    The serial # on my 98 Krag says it was made in 1898 and my Webley was made in 1918.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

Boolit Buddy

1867, Carl Gustavstad 12.7x44R Rolling Block.
    "An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

Boolit Mold
    1909 win 94 td in 30wcf

Z

Boolit Bub
    I have a Hopkins and Allen single barrel 12 ga. made in or around 1910 and a Winchester model 12-16 ga. made in 1918. Had a couple of more in this time frame, but dollars were needed at the time. Wished I had them back...

Boolit Master

Antique Rifles

US Rifle Model of 1870 in 50/70 and a US Navy Model 1870 Rolling Block in 50/70. Both made in 1870 as far as I can tell.

A few antiques. All with good to excellent bores and very shootable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Springfields 1-800-90%.jpg  
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master

Very nice collection!

Boolit Grand Master

1870-1880 era 43 Spanish Argentine Mauser
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    got a 1892 krag
    1905 03 springfield
    1899 Swedish mauser
    1909 colt .45
    2 half stock pa. squirrel rifles from the 1840's
    1872 springfield rolling block

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by geezer56 View Post
    Carl Gustavstad 6.5x55. One of the guns butchered by Kimber in the 70's. Made in 1899. Still a nice accurate gun. I have had it for years. Killed a couple of does a long time ago.. Bought from a pawn shop for $100 out the door.
    Boy I had a 1917 or 18 Gustav. Bought it with a sport stock and lyman peep for $150? All matching sn and bolt was butter smooth. Thing was a tack driver. Too bad it was stolen.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master
    AFAIK, my oldest firearm is the Winchester Model 1873 carbine in 44/40 WCF made in 1897. At least a third of my safe's residents were born between 1897 and 1920, FWIW.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Bub
    My oldest gun is a circa. 1799 flintlock fowling piece in nineteen gauge and very long barrel. NMLRA Guy

Boolit Buddy
    Snider. 1868 lock.

Boolit Master
    colt 1911....circa 1914

5 digit serial number!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast