Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Walnut Hill "special" press

Boolit Master

Walnut Hill "special" press

The big brown truck just dropped off my new Walnut Hill. It is unlike my other ones. This one has a top plate threaded 2-4 thread with a 3 start. The first bushing has a 1 1/2-12 outside thread & 1 1/4-12 inside thread. The second bushing has 1 1/4-12 outside thread & 7/8-14 inside thread. The end result is I can use 1 1/2, 1 1/4, and 7/8 dies. Otherwise it is a standard Walnut Hill press. The beauty of it all is it is on special for $400 or $443 shipped. That's cheaper by about $60. If you have been on the fence about getting a Walnut Hill, get it now.

With three of them I can now set up core swage, core seat, & point form on it's own press. I've been working toward this for a long time.

Bob

PS: The purpose of the large 2-4 bushing is to get more stroke length without losing force at the end of the stroke. At least that's what Richard says. He says in the reloading mode the press has 4" stroke which is not enough to load 50 BMG. With the big bushing and coarse thread you can screw up the die to get the case in and the loaded round out.
    Last edited by midnight; 04-26-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu

Boolit Buddy
    Yea... I jumped in on that special Walnut Hill also. Big Brown truck dropped it off Wed. Now my Sea Girt has a big brother.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought 2 so I have an assembly line and it is much easier to adjust the dies to develop the best bullet.