RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Olde Eynsford verses Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    We sure could use your bug bomber in these parts. The Tic's are thick this year from the mild winter and heavy rains. Took two deer tics off and had to get blood tests plus the 3 large wood tics mowing grass.
    I've heard on other type forums that there are a lot of tics out there. I do a lot of metal detecting and picked one up real early. so early I never thought about it. found it by a natural growth on my body about 3 days later. had a dark ring already. I fried it of and seared the area around it. All gone now but I should had it checked. Haven't had a tic since and i've been out a lot.

I just pull them straight up when I have one clamped in. Deer tics are so small when they first lock on they look like a small stick pin head and I usually scratch a itch not knowing it's a deer tic till I see blood. When the bulls eye shows up you better get in and have it tested. This year the large what I call wood tics are a new bunch that can be worse then the deer tics.
    The Doc. told me the best way to remove one is just pull it straight up don't burn it or try using liquids, you don't want them to inject more saliva.
    I took one home last years Mt. 1000

Banned

right, kurt - don't tick the ticks off so they don't empty their stomach contents fulla nasties into yer bloodstream.

sorry to further hijack this thread, but lyme disease is worth talking about a bit for the sake of some folks.

hello, my name is rob, i've had lyme disease for over 8 years. lyme (
    borrelia burgdorferi spirochete) is still considered systemic and with you for life.

a fine point tweezer is still considered the best/safest way to get the bug out, forced down into yer skin and around the bug's body, clamp the head or just above, flick out. do all this fast. fingernails can do that if they're long enuf, else yer gambling on turning the bug into a hypo needle. not a problem if the tick's head stays under yer skin.

once you have had a tick embedded in you, and if no physical signs of lyme emerge within 24 hours, you have essentially two courses of action ... 1) antibiotics, or 2) homeopathy. the problem *I* have with antibiotics is the overuse of them and how as a result they can then fail you later on life when you really need them. i highly recommend a naturopath who understands and has worked with this bacterium.

many diff'rent species of ticks are everywhere, all the time. so are skeeters. BOTH bug types can infect a human with spirochetes (lyme disease - the special bacteria that's in a class all of its own).

there's a lot of nonsense going around about lyme disease, and for the most part it can be hard to get at the real truth behind this epidemic tragedy that's befallen humanity. research carefully and know yer options if, and when, you get infected ... and how to know for sure IF you are infected with spirochetes AND its deadly co-infections, babesia, ehrlichia, bartonella.

to date, there is NO proof positive test for lyme disease. false positives/negatives abound.

however, there is a new urine test for lyme that may change that ... BUT until all the testing is done and 100% of all lyme laboratory test cases come back positive, and it becomes THE way to check for lyme, i would caution everyone to DO NOT RELY ON ANY TESTS FOR LYME DISEASE.

be safe, not sorry. good luck out in nature.

Rob you go right away and hijack away. I have had 4 bulls eyes from deer tics. The first the Doctor told me there are no deer tics in this area that he has heard of. Well I handed him a sandwich gag with a little spot in it from what was left of it after I scratched my itch that was in the early 20's in the last three years I had three more bulls eyes, two last week alone. This new tic that just showed up Doc said a lot worse then the deer tics

Banned

kurt, i'm real sorry to hear it you appear to be infected. the type of tick don't matter a fig, they're all capable of carrying the disease. so can other bugs. early on, it was the ticks feasting on infected rodents. don't matter, lyme is now everywhere and of epidemic proportions. this is in addition to other tick borne diseases such as rocky mtn fever. yeah, the meek shall inherit the earth, we're f'd.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't forget Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever! My Doc says it is more prevalent than lyme in this area of Oklahoma.....tick capital of the world. Vectors, symptoms, and treatment are the same as lyme. The causal agents differ...lyme by a spirochaete and RMSF by a rickettsiae. They don't even test to see which one it is here just Rx of doxycycline. RMSF is an extremely serious disease if not treated as is lyme. I've had it twice....once undiagnosed for two years and my wife had it once.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234