RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingADvertise hereGraf & Sons
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionStainLess Steel MediaInline Fabrication

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Amazing things you find at a shooting area! WOW!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    I think most of what I have found is 300 Winchester in 300 Weatherby. Sure makes for a short neck!
    I'll take those, if you find enough to be worth shipping. They ought to make perfectly good .350 Remington cases.

Plus, I think they're probably once fired ... !

Boolit Master
    A good friend bought a Mosin Nagant and it came with a bag-o-bullets, took it to the range and first round (lucky he only loaded one round) fired but stuck so bad he couldn't work the bolt. I started looking at the ammo and some were steel case and some brass, pulled the brass ones out and they were head stamped 30-30 and the bullets where crooked in the case. The length was wrong and the cannelure was showing and they were crimped so tight that the cases were buckled. He called the previous owner and was told "it's all the same and good ammo I made it myself"! OK, The bolt stuck because the chamber was fouled from I think corrosive ammo.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. George Washington

RE:22short long long rifle.The 22 long is nothing more than the 22 short bullet and powder chg in a long rifle case.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Mold
    While I didn't make the find.....very eerie! Many years ago ( around '84,I think), I was doing some Sunday shooting on a river bank where others did some shooting. As we were leaving I observed a new pick-up truck parked nearby, Louisiana summer day...occupant just sitting with windows down ( hot/humid). Several days later, two decomposing bodies were found just downriver from where I was shooting. Time of death, estimated to be Sunday night! The pick-up I saw belonged to one of the victims. Suspected drug related killing! memtb

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMountain View Post
    And I suppose none of you have ever made one of these mistakes yourselves?
    It might happen to me tomorrow, but not once in the 40+ years I've been shooting anything larger than a BB gun. No. I have not.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345