RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Miha HP in the 327

Boolit Master

Miha HP in the 327

Got a narrow window of sunshine Saturday so I made another Rock Chuck run in a new area packing my XP100 using 40 gr. VMax's & on my belt I had my 8 shot Blackhawk 327 magnum. This time I had the 327 loaded with the Miha HP bullet that most are casting at about 113 grs. I'm casting them with an alloy that drops at 118 grs. including GC & powder coating. My load in my gun is 13 grs. of H110 & a Winchester SP primer. Only use someone else's load after working up to it!!
    I haven't run this load through the clock but I've run it through a lot of Ground Squirrles & Rock Chucks & they hate it. All I can say is, it's fast & devastating! My first Chuck was an old silver back at 166 yds. as he laid flat on a lava rock facing to my left in a bad wind. I held on his nose to allow for wind drift & hit him just at the base of the neck, he never moved.
    After glassing for several minutes I spotted a chuck off to my right & he was looking right at me at about 100 yds. As I moved just a tiny bit he was gone. There eyes are amazing. I left the XP at the 4 wheeler & took off for a little brush pile & pulled out my 327 while I laid on my belly waiting for the old boy to come back out for a peek, hopefully. Ten minutes past & I heard another 4 wheeler, it was the farmers daughter & 2 of her kids, they had been rock picking & were headed home. That was all it took, the old boy had to come out & see what the noise was & then he turned & stood up & faced me head on. The 118 gr. HP took him dead center & blew the whole back side out, pretty impressive for a HP cast bullet. I left my hat where I had been laying & then ranged from the Chuck back to my hat, it was 32 yds. He took it pretty hard.....

The wind kept blowing pretty hard but I ended up with 6 Chucks & got one more with the 327 offhand at about 25 yds. I drove right up on him in the wind & he tried to sweat me out because he was right in the open. Just as I was breaking the shot he turned & faced me & I hit him right in the face. Longest shot of the day was 257 yds. & I probably spotted about 18-20 Chucks but the wind had them pretty spooky. The one's in the field were eating really fast, I couldn't keep the scope on them, they were constantly moving before I could break the shot. Missed two completely because they either turned or moved just at the break.
    You can see the one on the far left is the one I shot in the mouth with the Miha HP, he turned just as I broke the shot, he was broadside as I was starting to shoot.

Dick

Boolit Master

Good shooting. Enjoy your writeups
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Man
    enjoyed excellent writeup, and like the photos.

Boolit Master
    Yea that HP from the 327 is very impressive. I shot it into laminated 2" lexon and it was far more impressive than some very popular 9mm rounds from the same distance. It is a hammer of a bullet.