Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Beeman P17 pistol died today

Beeman P17 pistol died today

About 31 days old and less than 3 tins of pellets . See what PA says about the 30 day warranty . Beeman states 1 year .Marvin

Bummer and sounds about like my kind of luck lol. Hopefully PA steps in and will say close enough on the 30 days.
    If not, Beeman should stand by the 1 year warranty and fix it or replace it.

Actually, my luck would be more like it breaks after a year and 1 day.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Did you keep the cylinder and piston lightly oiled?

I've had one for over a year and more tins than that though it, yet to have a problem!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    I hope Beeman does you right on this. They have a reputable brand name to uphold so I expect they will.

I really like their coated wad cutters, very accurate in all my .177 guns. Can't find them locally these days so I'm planning to order some in bulk direct from Beeman.

I have read that to keep one of these going long term you may have to be a bit of a gunsmith. Be willing to tinker and fix a few things.

Mine is going strong yet, about 6 weeks of use. Got a tin of the Crossman Premier pointed pellets in .177 for it and it seems to like them.

I fired 5 shots and only had 3 holes.

The good news about the P17 is it is inexpensive enough that a person can afford to keep a brand new spare on hand.

PA said send it back for a free replacement .Marvin

Define "Died." If the velocity has let off. It is probably the pump o-ring. Common issue, easy fix. Check out the below blog for a tear down and fix. While in there, remove any burrs from the transfer hole that cause the o-ring to get chewed up.
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...l/Beeman%20P17
    BTW above is a very good reference for all types of airgun repairs.
    Silver Eagle

TANSTAAFL
    There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
    - Robert A. Heinlein from "The moon is a harsh mistress"

Glad to hear PA stood behind it. They were supposed to ship my Benjamin 392 today. Hope to get it wed. Or thurs.

[QUOTE=Silver Eagle;4027893]Define "Died." If the velocity has let off. It is probably the pump o-ring. Common issue, easy fix. Check out the below blog for a tear down and fix. While in there, remove any burrs from the transfer hole that cause the o-ring to get chewed up.
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...l/Beeman%20P17
    BTW above is a very good reference for all types of airgun repairs.[/QUOTE
    I am a wear that it can be re sealed . But it is covered by their warranty which pays shipping both ways . This will cost me nothing and I will not have invested time in the repair as well . I saw the link the last time you posted it and saved it . But this time it is on them not me . Was told a new one not a repaired one would be sent to me . Yes if I took the time now to repair it my self I might end up with a longer lasting seal life . But that can come latter unless I choose not to shoot it but resale it in new condition . Have to admit it is a good shooter . But I might shoot to much for it to hold up for any period of time . But at its price point I really will not complain if I can get one to hold up longer than this one did .Marvin

Forgot to mention that I bought a pair of weight lifting fingerless palm padded gloves from K-Mart about 12 dollars . And they really helped the hands when cocking the P17 a lot .Marvin

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by melloairman View Post
    Forgot to mention that I bought a pair of weight lifting fingerless palm padded gloves from K-Mart about 12 dollars . And they really helped the hands when cocking the P17 a lot .Marvin
    I did the same only I got them from Wally World. Yes, it helps cocking the P17 and most other cocking pistols as well. Also helps in the shooting and keeping the hands steady!

One can buy the actual shooting fingerless gloves and pay a whole bunch more, but I find the weight lifting gloves or bike gloves do the same thing at a much more reasonable cost!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Fed X says I should see my replacement P17 Wednesday . I have been thinking about the P17 and my old 1377 a lot the past few days . And I do not remember the 1377 being that hard to pump . Looked at some old crony readings I had on it before all the changes . And it looks like 4-5 pumps gave me more fps than the P17 . And again I do not remember it being hard to pump at that many strokes . I still have it in storage and parts to repair it some were as well .And that will happen at a later date . Today I ordered a 1377 and barrel mount kit for it from PA. It should be here Friday or so . So I am going to have to do some comprising . And see which one works best for me . 4-5 light pumps or 1 heavy pump . Or may be my memory is worse than I think . The joys of getting old I guess . There is not that much price difference in the two and a lot of after market parts for the 1377 . Marvin