RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trial

Boolit Master
    Ant God good
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    We played this version at church I love his prayer " you've never made a mistake"
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0CvpPV4cGA

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    Charlie.... The only advice I can give is to love your girl with all your heart...

Sincere Prayers for Hope, Faith, Wisdom, Understanding, Mercy, Love, Forgiveness, and Courage.....

Please Lord....Mercy for All these..... Amen

Ahhh Charlie, God's plan is unfolding right in front of our eyes. All Glory goes to God. Thank you Lord Jesus.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

This too shall pass Charlie.

Trust yourself, trust your love for becky. You know you did right by her.

She is I suspect already on the road back.

Hang in there brother.

Boolit Master

Stay on your knees, love your kids and seek God in everything. I know nothing else to say. I have 3 at the house right now and they are growing and testing us. I love 'em to death though and pray without ceasing.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Buddy

Boaz,

I was Becky when I was young. My folks left the door open for me, as I am sure you are doing for Becky. It took time but, I did return to my family. Then as an adult, I was where you are. I left the door open for my girls as well as my son. I had a couple come home and a couple that did not. My folks told me the hardest thing they did was to watch me make mistakes and be ready to pick up the pieces. Of course I laughed. Then as an adult I understood what they said. Drinking did not help me as it made me not ready to pick up the pieces for my children when they hit bottom. In other words I was failing my kids by being unprepared to help when they would need me most. I am still waiting for 2 of them. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. If you find yourself in N. Texas, my door is open.

Mike
    Last edited by flyer1; 04-25-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Banned

Sorry I missed this
    Been in your shoes
    They do come back
    Glad to hear you are back in touch with her
    Praying for her
    Praying for you
    God bless those who personally reached out to you in this trying time

Boolit Master

Get a good cane pole,some worms and go fishing and do a lot of soul searching won't cure any thing but when the fish bite you will forget all for a moment.Praying for you and yours.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Moderator Emeritus

Boaz, one of the hardest things parents will ever have on their plates, is having to think back hard, and see what they might have done better. Not a mistake, really. Just a better way to relate to our kids, especially the younger teens. Along with this usually comes the fact that we can tell them whatever they want, but THEY have to decide whether to listen .... or not. And just about all of them decide NOT to listen sometimes, and it's often when they most need to heed what they're told.

Often, it's as much HOW we tell them - what kind of attitude we have contained in our words - that brings about defiance and disobedience. Teens are very much aware, even if often subliminally, that they have to start learning how to make their OWN decisions in life, and with their inexperience, and the influence of the profane world and natural inclinations at that age, they sometimes just erupt like a volcano, and do foolish things. It's part of the learning process for many of us.

So don't lose heart or going around thinking you've "failed" just because she's had one of these "experience building" episodes, because you haven't. Could you have done better? Sure, probably. But you did GOOD, and that's what she'll always remember about you. One day she'll rue the day she went against you, but sooner or later, they all generally have to defy us. It's how they sprout their own wings in this life.

It's said that wisdom comes from experience, and most experience is obtained through bad judgment. And that goes for ALL of us at ANY age, not just the teens. As parents, we like to think of our children as "little angels" who we can control, and curb their actions and thoughts like a wind-up toy. We know better, but we LIKE to think that anyway.

You just had a little "learning experience" yourself in this. It's up to you to recognize it, and learn from it, or not. She's not your "little girl" any more. She's a young woman who just happens to be your daughter. Your job now, is to try to continue teaching her HOW to think, and make good decisions. Even what looks like a good decision can go bad on any of us, Becky included. We're really not much different, one from another, and adults are just overgrown children in many ways. Maybe that's why Christ called us his "children???" Anyway, relating to her in a little more loving and respectful way may wind up paying large dividends for both of you. Not sure what brought this on, and it's unlikely you or I or anyone will ever really know, in truth. But it's an indication that SOMETHING needs to change a bit, or maybe significantly. Just remember, she's not "daddy's little girl" any more, and she needs help becoming the adult she and you both want her to become. You've done good, but it aint' over, brother! For either of you.

Loving someone is and probably always will be a learning experience for all of us. And no, it's not easy, but when did Christ ever promise us an easy time in this world? And also, it's the hard things that we learn from the best and most. It may not be much of a pleasure to go through them, but it seems to be necessary to get our attention. I think that's why the Lord lets us go through times like these? Just a thought, anyway.

Becky has a great heart, and you've done a very good job. None of us does a "perfect" job, unfortunately, but .... that's why Christ purchased our ability to be redeemed on that old cross. We err, and we don't stop doing that just because we come to Christ. I doubt any of us ever reach a point where we can't or shouldn't learn more, and obtain more wisdom and foresight. So welcome to the club of us fellow humans, brother and sister! We may not be perfect, but really, we don't HAVE to be. God, in His infinite wisdom, made us able to learn. Whether we do so or not is OUR decision, though. And He's given us so very, very much great advice and instruction! If we could only learn it all, and know when to use what, we might become "perfect," but personally, I doubt we'd ever be able to reach that point, even then. Just MHO, of course, but we don't seem to be able to eliminate ALL error. And Christ doesn't seem to require that of us. It seems that he only wants us to keep our hearts clean and as pure as we can, and continue correcting our paths as we go forward in this life. Truly, God and Christ really, really knew what they were doing when they made us as He did, and then, made us redeemable due to Christ's sacrifice in our stead. What a Lord we serve!!!! And we will never be perfect, but we CAN, if we try really hard, and keep ourselves humble enough to receive His will for us, do a whole lot better than we sometimes choose to do. And when we err, that's when we can most appreciate the value of redemption.

It's "fashionable" in today's PC dominated world, to never admit a mistake, but make "excuses" for it. That is totally the reverse of what Christ instructed us to do. He advised us to confess, and repent, and learn from our mistakes. What a wonderful advice-giver He is, even today, no matter what the world may try to foist off on us as an alternate philosophy! Truly, He must love us more than we sometimes love ourselves! There's a lesson in that, too, if we'll just learn it.

You've done good, but maybe not perfect. You always TRIED to do good, though. But none of us can EVER stop learning more and better things, including how to relate to each other, and even to our own children. Welcome to learning in the "school of hard knocks" buddy! At some point, we all find ourselves in that little school, and our children do as well. If there's ever been a "universal school," it has to be that one! But each one of us gets to decide whether to learn from it .... or not. You will. So will she. I know you both too well to think otherwise.

For many years now, I've come to regard real, honest humility as THE biggest mark of a true Christian. PC theology teaches everything BUT this! And look at what it has wrought on our nation as a result! And on so many individuals who've adopted it as their "religion" and a guide for their lives and actions!!!! You've just plain too honest and too loving to miss this particular lesson, both of you. God bless you both, and lead you where He wants you to be in this life, and in your relationship to each other. After all, swallowing one's pride isn't really all that difficult. It's mostly, just unpleasant to anticipate having to do it. The doing it is a lot easier than thinking about it.

Y'all kiss and make up now, ya' heah? I think you both may well profit greatly from this little episode. It's the hardest lessons that we learn the most from.

Boolit Master

Hi Charlie (Boaz) I am Mrs. Smoked Turkey. Stan just read me your original post. I so feel your pain. We have a son we have prayed for many years. I always had a plan for God to try. Finally, we prayed whatever it takes, Lord. Now that is hard because what if it takes...your imagination runs rampant. I still wanted to be an assistant to God in bringing our son back to Him but finally said I give him totally to you. God said get out of my way you are keeping me from working. Things changed somewhat. He is not totally there yet but he is working on it.
    This is a scripture I pray for his 19 year old son, our grandson.
    Jerimiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for him plans to prosper, not to harm plans to give him hope and a future." I believe God does have plans for your daughter. It may take a while for her to follow those plans but know it is not a fault of yours. God gave everyone a mind to choose. Pray she will listen to God, not you and return. Now is when you most need to be in church growing in the word and letting people minister to you. She is a prodigal and you must be ready to meet her with open arms when she returns. Only prayer will keep her from the wrong crowd. Isaiah 62:6 God has put watchman on the wall.
    I am asking God to put His mighty arms around you and give you peace. Hang on to that nail scarred hand. Don't turn from him. Satan is a liar and you will get through this if you walk holding God's hand. This has touched me deeply and I WILL pray for you.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    Boaz, I avoided posting earlier because you don't know me and I correctly assumed that your friends here would lift you up. What they are saying is correct, and you know it. Your daughter is in what my wife and I call the "**** in the house" stage, where she'll intentionally make things hard because it's her only path to additional freedom. Obviously this isn't the only thing going on and she also has more to deal with than most teens, so expect her to make more mistakes.

You've successfully raised a young woman who is willing to assert herself and make a decision rather than huddle down and weep while expecting someone else to solve her problem. Not saying that she made the best decision, but when you raise them to think you have to expect that they'll make mistakes along the way. You haven't failed, far from it.

When she was hurt she called you, if you've been praying for a sign from God this is it! She loves you and she needs you, more than she will admit for many years. An insecure man would insist that she say the words, but you don't need that, God has shown you what is in her heart. When she is angry or hurt or just lashing out at you because you just happen to be there, remember that you know what's in her heart.

Moving out was probably a mistake, but about all you can do is let her know that she's always welcome. Maybe invite her to dinner when you feel up to it, express interest in what she's got going on, and maybe give her a little reprieve during the day just as your friends have done for you.

Your role at this point is to be her rock, to be her safe place. You know that to do that you have to get yourself together. You haven't failed, you're just being forced to deal with a ton of changes all at once, and with daughters that's extra hard (I had no sisters, never knew how nutty teen girls were til I had mine). Step 1 is to get out of the bottle, there is nothing in there but pain and anguish.

Please let us know when you've stopped drinking, everyone here is pulling and praying for you. There will be pain, but it'll pass more quickly if you face it than if you try to hide from it, and most importantly you'll be available to help your daughter in this next phase of her life, and she'll need your help.

Sorry for the rambling, hope it helps, and I'll pray for your family.

Boolit Master

Hey Charlie, I am coming in on the back end of this and want to tell you that I have been down the same path before. I can say that God will let you go as long as He pleases and when He pleases He will bring you back to where you need to be. I pray all the time for you and Becky and can't say enough of how family hurts us the worst. Keep your head up and don't look back, There is only one thing to look forward to and that is meeting Christ face to face. All the earthly troubles we have will all be gone and we will dwell with Christ forever, I will nbe praying for this situation and I know God will move in His time.

I will certainly be praying, but it would help to know who Becky is to you. Is she a daughter and how old is she? I was thinking she was your wife, until the school fight was mentioned.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I will certainly be praying, but it would help to know who Becky is to you. Is she a daughter and how old is she? I was thinking she was your wife, until the school fight was mentioned.
    I am sorry , you are 100% correct . I take for granted the times I have mentioned her that 'everyone' knows her . She is my daughter , 18 in December , She is adopted , I am a single parent . I take for granted most know here in the Chapel know her because of all the posts I put up .

Many think my 'wife' has left me , not so . Becky is my daughter . Thank you Char Gar .
    No turning back , No turning back !

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Received a couple of p.m.'s from confirmed atheists , all I got to say is ..gnaw at your own flesh . I ain't' in spiritual crisis . My trouble is my own . GOD is real ...talk to him . He will be more merciful than me . Go back and tell your master to ..... .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Received a couple of p.m.'s from confirmed atheists , all I got to say is ..gnaw at your own flesh . I ain't' in spiritual crisis . My trouble is my own . GOD is real ...talk to him . He will be more merciful than me . Go back and tell your master to ..... .
    You know God is real when you see that the devil wants you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    My flesh has a response to this that would make many question my salvation. Just remember who their 'daddy' is Charlie and try not to take it to heart.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast