Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling down right now....

Boolit Master

Feeling down right now....

My back hurts to no end, right knee is all swollen and feels like someone is jabbing a red hot spike into it, I've got a really nasty case of diaper rash going and my tinnitus is driving me crazy right now. My surgery to correct my leak isn't till mid June so I'll be stuck in diapers for almost two more months. It's all come together today in a perfect storm.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Banned
    I feel for you my friend. I can't imagine anything that a person would tell you will help much.

Every morning I set aside 5 or 10 minutes of alone time and I literally count my blessings. I mentally list everything good and positive, from my wife of 32 years to my grandkids, etc.

I hope things get better for you, I really do.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master

All those problems are hard to deal with but remember GOD gave you another day on this Earth, you know where you are and can still tell folks about it. Lots of other folks would like to say the same. I DON'T say this to in any way try to minimize your conditions, just pointing out that no matter how bad we think we are someone is always worse.

Gettin old ain't for sissies!

Perma-Banned

Prayer sent or your situation to improve.
    Last edited by shoot-n-lead; 04-23-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Boolit Master

From an old Navy Corpsman - I could tell you a bunch of carp about how you need to suck it up, yada, yada, yada; however, I'll say just this: GOD will never give you anymore than you can handle.
    Praying for you brother.

Man, I know you wouldn't be complaining unless it's really botherin' you.

Prayers sent your way, brother.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent for you. Call upon the Lord.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Buddy
    I wish I can give you a massage. At least, I feel that way. I don't know you, never met you but anyone who's suffering physically and/or mentally suffering in this small society of castboolits is my friend.

Moderator Emeritus

I feel some of your pain but hang in there. Prayers out to you.

Rooting for you.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned

this might help for a minute.

Here if I aint gone,, Were there's a gator in the bushes & SHE"S callin my name
    Prayers sent your way, May God bless you & lay his healing hand on you ..

Boolit Master

Thanks everyone.

Right now I've got a cold pack on my knee and my binky, aka heating pad, on my back. In a couple of minutes my feathered kid is going to think it's breakfast time and I'm going to have to get out of my recliner. That will give me some indication of how the day is going to go.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

Moderator Emeritus

Father please come to the aide of TexasGrunt. His health is suffering and he needs the kind of healing that you can do. Please guide the physicians that are helping him and please guide the surgeons that will do his surgery. Please move the surgery up so that TexasGrunt can get some relief. Father, all is possible through You and I pray that You come to him with grace and help so that he can be whole again. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

I got some great news yesterday. My surgery will be next week. There was an opening and the doctor really wanted to get me in ASAP. Called and asked if I'd like to have it done next week. Needless to say I jumped at the chance.

Looking at a cuff revision or perhaps a complete replacement, I really hope it's a cuff revision (replacement) as the removal and replacement of the entire device is a rather brutal surgery with a much longer recovery time. A revision could have me fishing by the end of next month. A replacement is at least six weeks.

Revision = cut the taint.

Replacement = cut the taint, nut and belly. When your nuts look like large black plums it's not a good feeling, they're also VERY tender.

In the end I just want to be dry again.
    Semper Fi!

Banned

good god a chance to go fishing.
    sounds like you might make it out before I do, unless I run some jigs through the flooding basement.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats good news My Friend! Praying for you to get the easier route. You gotta get better because you have all those wheelweights to sort and melt! And a boat that needs to get into the water! Please keep us informed, we're thinking about you.

Banned

I got bad news today too. Ive had 5 back surgerys in the past and for the last 2 months have been in some real pain. No feeling in either of my feet. Found out today all the work previously done on my back will probably need to be redone. I go and see the surgeon next Friday. Good news is I don't need a diaper. that really sucks! I feel for you and it makes me quit feeling sorry for myself knowing others have it worse! Good luck with your surgery!!

Boolit Mold
    Loved the dog video!

Boolit Master

TexasGrunt: I do feel your pain. After the removal of my cancerous prostate 11 months ago, I still have leaks on a daily basis. I have chosen to focus on the positive side. It has been one year, and my latest PSA blood work indicates that at a reading of zero, I am cancer free!! For me that is huge. I don't like being wet. But, it could be much worse for me. My glass is half full, not half empty. I give my Great Physician, Jesus Christ, all the glory. I recommend that you minister to some other sick and hurting folks and you will see, like me, that you do have blessings. You may have to look for them, but I am sure they are there.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast