RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: 221 Fireball Loads?

Boolit Man

221 Fireball Loads?

I purchased a CZ-527 in 221 Fireball and am itching to see how it shoots with CB's. I found a couple of loads in my Lyman#47 and will give these a try. Have any of you other casters had any good results with this caliber? Would appreciate any and all suggestions.

I haven't tried cast bullets in mine.But 15 grs. of Lil'gun and 40gr. hornady v-max's go under 1/2 inch at 100.Over 3300 fps.Mine is a Remington model 7 with a hart barrel.Orignaly it was chambered in 223,the nameless expert gunsmith didn't pay attention and screwed the chamber up.Had someone else recontour and cut an inch off and rechamber to 221 fireball.So it's useful now where before it was just a paperweight.
    Last edited by dgslyr; 07-16-2008 at 10:30 PM.

In Remembrance

I've always been intrigued by the Fireball. I have the dies, brass, and some ammo, but these darned gas prices are eating up my disposable income, so I'm in a holding pattern. I'm thinking of converting my Savage Stryker 22-250 to 221 Fireball...or 17 Fireball. DALE

Boolit Master at heavens range
    Dale: I had one built up a few back on a 700 action, 9 lb. rifle, Shilein barrel. Shoots cast very good, Here what shot good in mine, 22415 bullet, and the 43 gr. and the 53 gr. R.N. cast bullets. I used 10 to 15grs. WC680, with the above cast bullets, With the 63 gr. cast, 10 grs. H322, Best load is 10 gr. H322, 53 gr. Round nose cast bullet gave me .463 groups. The fast burning powders were the best. Hope this helps, Joe

In Remembrance

.463, now that's minute of prarie dog! Sounds good. DALE