• Hate It

11 3.85%
  • I'm A Moderate

35 12.24%
  • I'm Under 30, WTH Is It?

1 0.35%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Corned Beef Hash

Heck... Im thinking bout trying another batch of hash myself. Might add some green peppers and see how that is. I aint ever added egg.

Sometimes we do the same thing as hash, but use ground sausage instead. Ats pretty good too.

Moderator Emeritus

Want a breakfast to kill your arteries...

Chill the can of corned beef, cut it open and extract it as a log(slide a knife around the sides to break it loose). Cut slices, fry until crisp on both sides and hot in the center. Then pile it on a toasted and buttered english muffin with a fried egg, 2 slices of bacon, and a slab of good cheddar.

Boolit Master
    Have not yet made my own hash, but have been thinking on it.
    One of my family's favorite breakfasts. Two cans of hash fried to slightly crispy and fried eggs on top.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

I love it. The trouble is I also like reheating the boilded dinner and I like
    Reuben's. So it's a tough call to make. All roast meats make good hash. Home made is better than canned but canned works.

I Actually like the AldI's canned. A little less salty and a touch more taters than the Mary kitchen/hormel.

I fry it crisp and eat with fried or poached eggs. Or even eggs cracked right on top
    and cooked on the hash. Must have toast and coffee with it.

I have found that the canned hash is salty, and lacks taters as well. Been times we just cooked some taters with onions and added the canned hash to it, but it aint as good as homemade.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I run leftover corned beef through a coarse grinder plate then freeze that is serving size portions. If I have a leftover baked/roasted/boiled I cube it small dice(1/4 inch) along with grated onion and fry in bacon fat until it starts to crisp then ad the already cooked meat and left it fry more until nice and crispy. I season the potatoes with a shake of my house seasoning(salt/onion powder/garlic powder in equal amounts, black pepper to taste, half sharp paprika to taste). Serve with 2 eggs over easy on top so the yolk can run down through the hash. Biscuits on the side with lots of butter.
    Mary, PLEASE say you'll marry me!!!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Bub
    When you all said canned corned beef, I though you were talking,about just the corned beef in a xan. No potatoes. The navy base here in San dog sells it by the case. I gave not convinced my wife yet thay a car is good to have, just in case. Not that she would eat or cook it. I liked the info about chilling the c an of hash and pulling it out like a log and than slicing it. I will look at Marys. I have to watch the canned stuff as I have celiacs and can not eat anythig with wheat. Means I gave to make my own gravy and sos. Not bad but means I can not eat out for bfast and get that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    I hate auto correct. Hope you all can figure out what I was saying.

Boolit Buddy
    Gotcha stormingnorm! Yeah I love the just corned beef in a can also! I just can't tell my heart doc about it lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Boyle View Post
    I love it. The trouble is I also like reheating the boilded dinner and I like
    Reuben's. So it's a tough call to make. All roast meats make good hash. Home made is better than canned but canned works.

I Actually like the AldI's canned. A little less salty and a touch more taters than the Mary kitchen/hormel.

I fry it crisp and eat with fried or poached eggs. Or even eggs cracked right on top
    and cooked on the hash. Must have toast and coffee with it.
    Are you talking about the Brookdale brand from aldis? Its not bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by stormingnorm View Post
    When you all said canned corned beef, I though you were talking,about just the corned beef in a xan. No potatoes. The navy base here in San dog sells it by the case. I gave not convinced my wife yet thay a car is good to have, just in case. Not that she would eat or cook it. I liked the info about chilling the c an of hash and pulling it out like a log and than slicing it. I will look at Marys. I have to watch the canned stuff as I have celiacs and can not eat anythig with wheat. Means I gave to make my own gravy and sos. Not bad but means I can not eat out for bfast and get that.

What do they charge for the corned beef on base? It's expensive at every store I go to.

Boolit Bub
    I will try to remember to look when we go to the commissary next week.

Boolit Buddy
    Supper tonite DG was sold out of Mary's kitchen since it's on sale. So iam going with this tonight. Eggs and toastClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20170429_165013.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	194322

I've never seen that kind. Let us know how it is.

Armour is a common brand round these parts. Its salty.. but not bad. If you make some taters to add to it, it evens out the saltiness decent.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    can of hash mixed with about 3 scrambled eggs some cheese on top of toast with sausage gravy poured over all of it! Meal fit for a king!!!!!!!!!
    That's the way (never tried with cheese though) I liked it. Used to stop in Mancelona on Sunday morning, Aveyry's all you can eat buffet. Home made C, B & H, smothered in sausage gravy with extra sausage patties alongside a pile of scrambled eggs & rye toast. Been a long time!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    I've never seen that kind. Let us know how it is.
    Not to bad jeff.

Boolit Master
    I hate auto correct. Hope you all can figure out what I was saying.

lmao no worries I figured it all out. That does sound good Mary! Interesting to hear someone's tried the Aldi brand as well, it's my regular grocery store I'll give it a look.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    What do they charge for the corned beef on base? It's expensive at every store I go to.
    Was at the commissary Friday. Here is a pic of a pallet of cases of corned beef for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by shaner View Post
    Not to bad jeff.

Thank you!

Was at the commissary Friday

. Here is a pic of a pallet of cases of corned beef for sale.

That's a lot of hash! What was the price?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast