11 3.85%
  • I'm A Moderate

35 12.24%
  • I'm Under 30, WTH Is It?

1 0.35%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Corned Beef Hash

Boolit Master

I made omlets and bacon for my wife, youngest daughter and myself yesterday. Wife and daughter had cheese omlets, I had cheese and corned beef hash omlet... It was VERY good.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    I don't want to be cruel, but--

Attachment 220807

click to enlarge.

Fried gold potatoes, red onions, corned beef, La Victoria Salsa Brava.
    Love that picture

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Thanks, shaner. Bet you'd love the taste also!

Boolit Master
    hard to beat cbh and scrambled eggs

Boolit Grand Master
    Thats just what I had for breakfast this morning!!! And a piece of toast with Huckleberry jelly!!

Boolit Master
    Luv it! I had a can for breakfast as well... Straight up.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad5005 View Post
    hard to beat cbh and scrambled eggs
    I’ll tell what beats that. CBH with a couple over easy eggs on top with rye toast on the side!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

My best friend would always bring Mary Kitchen CBH when we tent camped during archery season 20+ years ago. He loved his CBH with a pile of jalapenos on top. The racoons loved my half a can.

BB

Banned
    bikerbeans,

In my experience, 'coons will eat most anything, including a pair of my old combat boots. - Essentially everything was consumed except the soles.

Coons are SMART & will do things that are sometimes amusing & sometimes aggravating. = When I was the Camp Director at an AR Boy Scout camp in 1969, I cooked a Dutch oven full of blackberry cobbler, set it aside to cool & when I returned several hours later, coons had removed the lid & helped themselves to all of my cobbler.
    (Given the several different sized paw-prints near the Dutch oven, quite a few coons had enjoyed the cobbler.)

yours, tex

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    My best friend would always bring Mary Kitchen CBH when we tent camped during archery season 20+ years ago. He loved his CBH with a pile of jalapenos on top. The racoons loved my half a can.

BB
    I was stuck in Minnesota a couple of years, Mary Kitchen is a union brand there, you could not find a can of Libby's on store shelves if your life depended on it. For the record, MK is nasty compared to Libby's.

So from reading this thread, I was compelled to toss a can of Libby's in the freezer while I cooked some grits and let it chill enough to push it out of the can and slice it into 1" thick slices using the can as a guide, then brown it hard and crispy both sides on a cast iron griddle, oh yeah. That's what CBH is supposed to taste like!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 09-04-2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwart View Post
    Corned beef "Product of Argentina". Love the stuff. Giving me a craving for some liver n' onions also.
    Wifey uses can, fried crispy with onions and potatoes from home. Topped with 2 over easy eggs and Tabasco chipotle or Habanero sauce. Slightly burnt sourdough on side , with my butter mix of butter, EVOO, & Ex. Virgin Coconut oil, with a dash of ink Himalean Salt. Almost as good as SOS or biscuits and gravy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I was stuck in Minnesota a couple of years, Mary Kitchen is a union brand there, you could not find a can of Libby's on store shelves if your life depended on it. For the record, MK is nasty compared to Libby's.

So from reading this thread, I was compelled to toss a can of Libby's in the freezer while I cooked some grits and let it chill enough to push it out of the can and slice it into 1" thick slices using the can as a guide, then brown it hard and crispy both sides on a cast iron griddle, oh yeah. That's what CBH is supposed to taste like!
    Well all we seem to be able to find around my place is MK so I'll have to be on the lookout on my trips to see if I can't find some Libbys and do a comparison. Headed to Lake Lure, NC first weekend in Oct and will have to check out the grocery stores around there (Lake Lure, Rutherfordton, Forest City) to see if any carry Libbys.
    Ron
    USAF Ret (E-8) (1971-1997)
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Libbys is Really greasy! The MK Roast Beef Hash is the least greasy.

Boolit Buddy
    Just had the roast beef for supper last night
    Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Libbys is Really greasy! The MK Roast Beef Hash is the least greasy.

Boolit Grand Master
    We have Palms CBH here.
    It's like the one Costco sells.
    Little greasy, but good.
    Way I eat it is a bed of hash brown potato's, CBH next, then a sunny side up egg on top.
    Two slices of buttered toast, one slice of fried spam and two fried pork sausages.
    Eat it, maybe, every other Sunday.

Just had some for breakfast! Yum...

Boolit Buddy
    My heart doctor would love it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    We have Palms CBH here.
    It's like the one Costco sells.
    Little greasy, but good.
    Way I eat it is a bed of hash brown potato's, CBH next, then a sunny side up egg on top.
    Two slices of buttered toast, one slice of fried spam and two fried pork sausages.
    Eat it, maybe, every other Sunday.

Well, I found that our big Wal-Mart carries a bunch of different brands of CBH, So I am going to do a taste test and I'll report back here when completed. I have a can of MK, Libbys, Armour, Hartford House (never heard of them before) and Great Value (Wal-Mart store brand). Will be as subjective as possible and will fix them the exact same way (broken up and fried with over easy eggs on top, with sourdough toast or english muffins).

I like these types of tests and can usually pass them easily (no pun intended - really)
    Ron
    USAF Ret (E-8) (1971-1997)
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Well, I found that our big Wal-Mart carries a bunch of different brands of CBH, So I am going to do a taste test and I'll report back here when completed. I have a can of MK, Libbys, Armour, Hartford House (never heard of them before) and Great Value (Wal-Mart store brand). Will be as subjective as possible and will fix them the exact same way (broken up and fried with over easy eggs on top, with sourdough toast or english muffins).

I like these types of tests and can usually pass them easily (no pun intended - really)
    Looking forward to reading about your "taste tests".
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds fun! And fulfilling!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast