Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't Be This Guy

Boolit Grand Master

I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I don't know what caused this, but if the car driver spent more then 3 seconds in the blind spot, that's what you get.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Situation awareness,Situation awareness,
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

jonp, people just drive like they are dump. Since you are a professional driver, I'm probably not telling you anything new! I usually drive 4 to 6 mph over the limit or whatever the traffic flow is doing. Its a good compromise, you cover the miles quicker but the Police don't even look at you twice. I have people come up from behind going maybe 5 or 10 mph faster and then slow down when they get in my blind spot. I watch them do the same thing with big trucks. Can't imagine why someone wants to put themselves in the most dangerous place on the road? Herd mentality, I guess? Be Safe!

Boolit Master

People are ignorant. Most don't understand the blind spot. I hate people who sit in my blind spot. With my back problems my ability to twist in the seat to cover the blind spot is almost nil.

The other thing that gets me going is people in the left lanes doing well under the speed limit.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

I have spent many a mile in big rigs and there is no excuse for that. the car might have been in a blind spot at one time but should have been visible to the truck driver while being dragged. I can feel my trailer when it pulls funny, I can tell when the truck is working harder, I can see every strap all the way to the back of the trailer. the truck driver knew he was dragging the car and for what ever reason ignored it.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    He was just giving the guy a tow~!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    The only thing I can think of is he was playing with his cel phone. It's clearly going to be visible in his right hand mirror. Either that, or as rancher1913 says, he chose to ignore it.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Grand Master

I left the intentionally ambiguous hoping to get some speculation on what happened. Since it was in Cajon Pass I'm thinking that the guy in the car was not paying attention, probably texting, and came up behind the truck which was climbing slowly swerved at the last minute but not enough and BANG! Either way, it seems to me both were at fault with the car driver more so. The guy in the car for running into the truck and the truck driver for not paying attention to the extent that he didn't feel that crash and for not checking his mirror to see what was behind him once in a while as that car was clearly visible in his drivers mirror. Heck, it was sticking out 10 ft! Even if it was the cars fault the driver should have felt it or seen it and stopped long before someone got him stopped. Your eyes should always be moving.

As for the truck driver playing on his phone..maybe although most drivers now have gone to Bluetooths as a handheld is illegal. He could have been texting or watching a video but there was no indication of that in the story and it did say that there were no charges. Knowing California and how they love to ring up drivers that tells me the car was at fault.

I've had someone drive under my trailer tires, believe me you can feel it.

Yes, I have people do stupid things like this everyday either from behind, in front or coming from the sides and expect people to be idiots. Always be scanning.
    Last edited by jonp; 04-22-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Boolit Master

I made a trip to grand island last week to pick up a new 50,000 bushel grain bin and ran on I-80 from kerny to grand island and back, the whole time on the interstate I was continually being cut off or having someone riding my bumper, a lot of times it was trucks. I was doing the speed limit and at least with a flatbed I could see behind me but I was ever so happy to jump on 34, very little traffic and no bumper riders.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    I made a trip to grand island last week to pick up a new 50,000 bushel grain bin and ran on I-80 from kerny to grand island and back, the whole time on the interstate I was continually being cut off or having someone riding my bumper, a lot of times it was trucks. I was doing the speed limit and at least with a flatbed I could see behind me but I was ever so happy to jump on 34, very little traffic and no bumper riders.
    How many buckets of bolts did you get with the bin?
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I don't know what caused this, but if the car driver spent more then 3 seconds in the blind spot, that's what you get.
    Wow....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 472x1B/A View Post
    How many buckets of bolts did you get with the bin?
    did not see any but there were 6 huge sealed boxs and the drop deck was loaded from the front to the back, took every strap I had to tie it down.

Moderator Emeritus

Just a guess but the trucker was merging into traffic and the car tried to cut him off and ran out of time to pass him... but yeah the trucker should have known he was hit and dragging a car! I rode with a friend trucking in the early 80's and the second something shifted on the trailer you could feel it. He hauled egg crate freight, super fragile stuff so the minute something changed it was pull over and make sure a strap or load lock hadn't let go.

Boolit Master

I don't drive on the freeway much I have noticed that truckers with these extra long trailers will let the trailer wonder into other lanes.I get into the far right lane and still have to watch these trailers closely for they will wonder into the lane you are in.Then you have these speed freaks will drive all over the road and cause untold number of accidents by their actions.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Just a guess but the trucker was merging into traffic and the car tried to cut him off and ran out of time to pass him... but yeah the trucker should have known he was hit and dragging a car! I rode with a friend trucking in the early 80's and the second something shifted on the trailer you could feel it. He hauled egg crate freight, super fragile stuff so the minute something changed it was pull over and make sure a strap or load lock hadn't let go.
    hmmm..Maybe. Truck Driver merging into traffic from a ramp and a guy either not paying attention or too stubborn to back off a few feet or change lanes and let him get on. I can see that too. If that was the case then the Truck Driver is at fault. The ramp has to yield to the traffic not the other way around but the cops not giving anyone a ticket seems to make this scenario unlikely or both were at fault so nothing was done.

I always get a bit worried whenever I see the big rigs get too close. Much respect to those who drive our infrastructure to get goods from point A to point B safely as I could not do it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Moderator Emeritus

I spent a year behind the wheel of a big rig. I couldn't do it now because of the sub standard drivers I see all to often. Like the dude at the bar when I went up to get a burger and fries the other night because I was to tired to cook. His truck was idling out in front and he was falling down drunk. I know 3 of us called the cops to keep him from driving but he got in the truck and took off anyway. I have seen that to often with the local grain haulers who don't care. Cops did get him about 5 miles out of town so at least he didn't kill anyone. He will lose his license over this one finally. So far he has gotten off with warnings.

Friend owned his truck(his dad bought it new, died 3 months later, insurance paid it off in full) and he asked if I wanted a trip around the country. He took whatever load sounded interesting and in a direction he felt like heading. We hit all of the lower 48, MX, Canada, and drove the AlCan hwy to AK with a load. I was 20 or 21 and it was a heck of a fun year seeing the country. We stopped whenever we felt like it to sight see for a couple hours. Fun year, met a lot of interesting people, I didn't make much but all meals and lodging were paid so what the heck why not go!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    So far he has gotten off with warnings.
    That has been a big part of the drunk driver problem for decades! Should be first time you lose your license for minimum of a year after that add jail time, no slack no second chances.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master

I had a guy in a Dodge Dakota fail to yield at an on ramp a while back and he hit my right front steer tire with his left rear that spun him around sideways in front of my truck at 55 MPH. I pushed him down the road for about a hundred yards or so before slowing enough to pull over. I gotta admit I was tempted to take him for a longer ride!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast