MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Ship Ammunition Via UPS - Yes It Can Be Done - Follow The UPS Rules

Boolit Buddy

How to Ship Ammunition Via UPS - Yes It Can Be Done - Follow The UPS Rules

Hope this stays up a while but after talking to the UPS Store and a bit of research we can ship ammunition!!! Not all the time but from time to time this may be of benefit.

Please see this link: https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/re...mmunition.html

Please note that it must be taken to a UPS Center, not a drop off or UPS store. Tough for me to get to as the local UPS center closes early and is 20 miles away from work...

Have not see this link posted in all my reading here so hope this is of value to the other members.

Boolit Master

I've done it. It works. Follow their guidelines and you should have no trouble

Thank you for sharing this information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    You can also ship ammunition through Fed Ex. Same rules as UPS.

Moderator Emeritus

The link has been posted on the 12th post of the sticky above, titled "Shipping Loaded Cartridges"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Actually it is quite easy. As stated read the rules and follow them. I had to return several boxes of PPU due to a recall. The guy at the counter actually thanked me for doing the leg work and having everything in order.

Boolit Grand Master
    Easy for those in the lower 48.
    For Hawaii, and Alaska, it's still a no-no.

I print my UPS mailing label, put the ORM-D /Ammo sticker on it and bring it to the cycle shop in town. I spoke to my UPS driver and he said he stops there almost everyday and it is totally legal as long as the shop keeper agrees( which he does).

Boolit Master

I've had no problem taking to local PO, box in a box, wrapped and ORM-D symbol drawn on package that indicates ground shipment only.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    Please note that it must be taken to a UPS Center, not a drop off or UPS store.
    I believe you can still arrange for carrier pickup. Also can hand the package directly to a UPS driver if you come across one.

My ups box store
    Accepted my shipment 18 lbs of 270 ammo he asked what I was shipping I told him ammunition. Cost 49.00. But worth it.
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

If you schedule a pickup it's going to cost you an additional $10-15.

Boolit Master
    My only problem is the cost. I bought a Frankford Arsenal Benet (inside) primed .50-70 collector cartridge some years back. IIRC, the cartridge cost me $25.00 and the UPS shipping on the box containing one live cartridge cost $18.00.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by badbob454 View Post
    My ups box store
    Accepted my shipment 18 lbs of 270 ammo he asked what I was shipping I told him ammunition. Cost 49.00. But worth it.
    Now I must say they will not do this in my area. The ONLY place that will accepted it around here is a main distribution location. neither FEDEX nor UPS satellite store take it. Once they see the ORM-D sticker its like you have hazardous waste in your box. !!

Boolit Buddy
    What in the world is this metal clip thing they talk about? I asked a friend of mine that moved a while back and he said he just boxed it up and shipped it without any of this ORD ****.

Banned

only in america are the fed, state and local laws so ridiculously fuzzy and skewed. vendors have no problem shipping live ammo direct to their completely unknown customers, but a private american citizen can't ship ammo to another private american citizen. and to boot, while vendors ship live ready-to-shoot ammo with no hazmat fee, a hazmat fee is required for primers they ship out to their customers. that sure makes sense - not.

Boolit Buddy

I haven't actually done it yet but my understanding from speaking with fedex reps on the phone is that I can schedule an at-home pickup for an ammo shipment without much hassle, the only additional requirement over a normal ground shipment is that you put the correct "orm-d" type label on the box from what they have told me. I believe one important aspect of this is that they don't ship it air ever if that label is on there.

I have read that it is not called orm-d anymore in the fedex regs but I still get packages labeled that from fedex so I don't think they care too much for a domestic shipment. They switched to the diamond label with black corners is my understanding. Lots of aerosol sprays and even many perfumes fall in this category so they shouldn't give you too much trouble shipping it if you follow the labeling guidelines.

The post office says no ammo, no exceptions that I am aware of, so don't get caught shipping ammo via usps. It is too bad as that would be by far the cheapest way with their flat rate boxes.

Boolit Grand Master

USPS will NOT ship anything like that. UPS does though with proper labels and air shipments are NO.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master
    I followed all their rules, and the UPS manager refused to ship my ammo. Didn't even bother to look at it. Just flat out refused to take it. I took it to FedEx and it was "misplaced" half way to its destination.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I just shipped some, and it was a pain. Fed EX and UPS employees are not sure about their own rules and you get the runaround. I called FED EX and was told no. I called UPS after reading what was on their web site and the lady that answered the phone had to yell across the room and ask someone every question that I ask her. In the end I used factory cartridge boxes with the individual compartments, wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in a bigger box, severely taped up. Just like they advise on their web site. When I went into the store and said I was shipping small arms ammo I was told that they could not ship firearms for an individual. Go figure! I had to explain the difference between a firearm and ammunition to the clerk. Fortunately the manager was sitting close by and things went ok after that. They furnished the required ORM-D stickers for me and were nice enough. Use the smallest box that you can get by with, it was pretty pricey. Just to be sure, I ask at the Post Office. I get along with them pretty well. They said no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast