Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Glock 80 percent frame

Boolit Master

Glock 80 percent frame

Any body try one of these? At 69 bucks I figure they might get cheaper yet. If I got one of these frames I would want one for the 10mm and I am not sure this one will do that. I don't know any thing about Glocks other than I shot one about 25 years ago.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Never really pursued it, but it would seem to me that once you get all the parts together, you have more in the pistol than you could but a new one for, and it may or may not work. Why not just buy a factory Glock?
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Buddy
    10mm not out yet- contact Polymer 80 directly .....
    I wanted one for the g37 but that is not out yet ( may not get made) but any 9mm/ 40/ 357 sig calibers are set ready to go....
    the 10mm and the 45 acp 'MAY' be produced "soon" is all the info I got from their contact email so far-

Still want the g37 frame though-

SOME folks want a NON papered - NO number guns- they make at home ( like B.P. rifle kits, all the rage in the 70-80's) they can do that with a polymer frame made at home- reason 1
    AND the feel of the Poly 80 'FEELS better' in your hands that the Factory Glock lowers I have held... reason 2

The only advantage I see is a person wants a ghost gun. Parts for Glocks separately are a tad expensive.

Boolit Mold
    If I were in Commie-fornia, yes. I buy from individuals so the gun isn't even registered to me anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    If you plan on buying all the parts new or individually it would be cheaper to just buy a Glock out right. The main advantage I see is if you already have all the other parts. Or you want to build a totally custom Glock from the ground up with all your preferred parts and in a configuration or caliber not readily available from the factory. If you simply want a 10mm Glock with maybe a better trigger and sights you would be better of customizing an existing Glock.

I don't see the value in a buying an 80% frame in order to have a "ghost" gun. Glocks are readily available on the used market, a face to face transaction is simple enough and legal in most states. Besides with the data-mining, credit card transactions, forum posts, etc. do you really think they won't know you have it?

A little off topic, but can you legally sell or transfer a gun made on an 80% lower? I understand as an individual I can legally build up an 80% lower for personal use. What if I want to sell or give one away to friends/family?
    Last edited by 2ndAmendmentNut; 04-21-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    "I don't want men who miss." -Capt. Leander H. McNelly

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentNut View Post
    If you plan on buying all the parts new or individually it would be cheaper to just buy a Glock out right. The main advantage I see is if you already have all the other parts. Or you want to build a totally custom Glock from the ground up with all your preferred parts and in a configuration or caliber not readily available from the factory. If you simply want a 10mm Glock with maybe a better trigger and sights you would be better of customizing an existing Glock.

I don't see the value in a buying an 80% frame in order to have a "ghost" gun. Glocks are readily available on the used market, a face to face transaction is simple enough and legal in most states. Besides with the data-mining, credit card transactions, forum posts, etc. do you really think they won't know you have it?

A little off topic, but can you legally sell or transfer a gun made on an 80% lower? I understand as an individual I can legally build up an 80% lower for personal use. What if I want to sell or give one away to friends/family?
    As I understand it, it falls into the homemade category, meaning any of us can legally build a gun, but cannot sell said weapon. "Gifting" is a gray area I'm really not sure about.

As for the OP, I thought about this as well, then I priced used slide assemblies! I about fell over! You can nearly buy a complete gun for the price a lot want just for the slide assy!

Boolit Grand Master

It falls into the same category as building an AR. Not the 80% part. The fact that you build it w/ all the parts you want. No point in buying a stock Glock if you're going to replace every part on it. Zev slides aren't exactly cheap and either are aftermarket barrels.

You can offset the cost of a custom build if you sell off the stock parts. That's one of the few advantages of buying a stock one if you want a complete custom build.

If youre building a ZEV slide gun sure, otherwise I cant see spending $400 on a regular Grock.

Boolit Master
    You fellas are saying what I was thinking about this also and buying the parts for a complete handgun. My son and I have been thinking of using the frame on a Magtech upper. I had my name in for a 45 roland but before they called I ended up with another surgery and now thinking I would rather have a 10mm than a 45 roland simply because of the molds we have.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Mold

Glock 80 percent frame

There's a review about some issues with it on The Firing Line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Along with the frame itself, don't you also have to buy a jig to finish the frame and a special locking block? When I looked at them awhile back the total cost was well over $100.00 not including the necessary OEM Glock parts. Around here, private sales are perfectly legal provided the gun is not stolen or otherwise illegal and the buyer can lawfully possess said firearm. The no-paperwork aspect also jacks the price up quite a bit, so I can see the attraction of an 80% receiver for roughly the same price as a finished unit from an FFL.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned
    If you're that paranoid about Big Brother knowing what you have; you probably have bigger issues than can be solved by building a ghost gun.

Boolit Man
    Some people just like building their own stuff for the experience. I build AK's, I don't do it to save money, I don't particularly like AK's even, but it's fun hobby. You can sell a home build as long as you didn't build it with the intention of selling it. I do recommend putting a serial number on home builds, in case of theft or if you ever sell it.

Btw, I will compare my AK's to almost any "professionally" made AK in the US. Except for the most expensive, my build quality is superior, and mine isn't as good as some of the guys I know that build them.