WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

But go, tell His disciples—and Peter—that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.

—Mark 16:7

Perhaps the most notable of Jesus’ resurrection appearances is when He met Simon Peter. We all know how Peter denied and deserted the Lord. Peter was devastated by his own unfaithfulness; and he really needed encouragement.

The last sight Peter had of his Lord was as Jesus was taken away for trial. Poor Peter, his world came crashing in on him. He had so many regrets. He was never even able to tell the Lord he was sorry.

But the Resurrection of Jesus changed all of that. Peter heard the incredible message, “But go, tell His disciples—and Peter—that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you” (Mark 16:7).

Isn’t that amazing? Here is the Lord directly responding to the doubts, fears, and regrets of one of His followers. The message was not, “Go tell the disciples and James He is risen." Or, "Go tell the disciples and John He is risen." Or, "Tell the disciples and Matthew He is risen." No, it was, "Tell the disciples and Peter He is risen."

More than the rest of the disciples, Peter needed reassurance. His risen Lord knew that, and knew how to restore his faith.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

"We all know how Peter denied and deserted the Lord. Peter was devastated by his own unfaithfulness; and he really needed encouragement."

For me, this passage really puts a lot into its proper perspective. Had WE been denied in our most desperate hour of need, if we'd survived it, and met the one who'd denied us when it mattered most, most folks would try to get revenge. But our Lord did not. He was worried about Peter! What a wonderful and forgiving and patient Lord we serve!!! I will always be awed by all the things he did, and all the things He so lovingly and patiently tried to teach us. Even a sinner like me has a place in His cares! What could humble a man more than that?

Boolit Master

It truly is a beautiful lesson and one that hangs with me - Christ really loved Peter
    Being human is not for sissies.