Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Wc844

Boolit Mold
    On the shore of beautiful Lake Gaston, North Carolina

Wc844

Still have a jug of WC844 and since I don't compete in NRA high power any longer, I'm looking for other ways to use it. I have a couple hundred 7.62X39 brass cases and so started looking for some 844 loading data for the little Russian but can'nt seem to find it. The results on my 223s were dead on with what H335 would have given me so I figure using 335 data for the 7.62 would be OK. Anyone here have experience with this?

Boolit Buddy
    Have worked with the WC844. However, the 7.62 x 39 likes the faster powders, 1680, IMR 4227 which my Mini 30 in 7.62 x 39 really liked. It will work but not give complete combustion, lower velocity and so on. Also could use for the .308 Win. or trade, always someone looking for WC844.

Banned

844 seems to fall right in the middle between 322 and 335. Depending on the lot #. Some lots were made to light off tracers easier and it seemed to be just a smidge faster then 322. I pretty much start with 322 data when I load it. wc846 seems to me to be a lot closer to 335. Maybe split the difference between 335 and blc2. I start with 335 data when I load that.

Boolit Buddy
    Every 8 pounder I ever bought either on the jug or on the web site said to use 335 data, it was always spot on and there were years between lots. I loaded a significant amoumt of 5.56 with it and .308, excellant powder and wish it and WC846 were available again.

Boolit Mold
    you can still get WC844 as either pulldown or virgin surplus but you'll pay retail canister prices.

Pat's Reloading still has virgin available. $160/8 lb

Boolit Master
    GONRA uses WC-844 for 5.56x45mm 62 gn. ball and 60 gn. orange tip tracer loads.