Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

"Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself."

—Luke 24:39

What did the resurrected body of Jesus look like? The Bible tells us that after Jesus’ cruel torture, crucifixion, and three days in the tomb, He was recognizable, and that His followers knew who He was.

We know that He had a body of flesh and bone. Jesus told the disciples, “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have” (Luke 24:39).

We also know that Jesus ate food. Imagine the surprise of the disciples when the risen Lord appeared to them and then said, “Have you any food here?”

“What?” they must have been thinking. But they gave Jesus a piece of broiled fish and some honeycomb, and He ate it (see Luke 24:41–43).

His resurrected body also could be touched and felt. When the women were returning from the empty tomb, “Behold, Jesus met them, saying, 'Rejoice!' So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him” (Matthew 28:9).

Then, when Jesus appeared to the disciples in the Upper Room, He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing” (John 20:27).

This tells us that in His resurrected body, Jesus still wore the marks of the Crucifixion. And He will wear those marks, even in eternity (see Zechariah 12:10).

I think this is to remind us of how we got to be His. We will not be in Heaven because of our good works. We will be there because of His shed blood, because spikes were driven through His hands and feet for us.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

What a wonderful thought for today. We are not our own. We have been bought with a high price paid for and paid in full by our Wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ!
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Moderator Emeritus

That last paragraph says so very much! Many today find it "stylish" to contribute or volunteer with (usually) some of the more prominent and socially "acceptable" charities. This isn't what Christ meant when he admonished us to care for the needy. My father always tried, when he could, to give very quietly and if possible, secretly, to those he found in need. We didn't have a whole lot, but he never turned away to anyone in need. I think he always figured that he knew how to survive and "make do" while many others didn't. In doing so, he set the example for me, and I'll always be grateful for the many, many things he taught me, not via words, but by example. It always humbles me to think about him, and all he taught me. He understood the true meaning of the things that Christ tried so hard to teach us.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    GOD provided his son as sacrifice to pay the debit we could not ...yes ! Praise him !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Amen!