Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One Boolit To Rule Them All, .357 edition

Boolit Master
    I am thinking you will need two molds and a sizer. One mold is the Lee 125 RF for fun and frolic and the other is the Lyman Keith style 170 gr. for business. The sizer might be a 359 Lee. You also might consider that little lead melter that is for hand pouring fishing jigs and only holds about 3#. That little pot is available from fishing lure component supplier, Barlow's in Richardson, Texas. That pot and a 15"x15" piece of plywood to set it on might work quite nicely on your balcony if it has a small table. You could put the whole thing except the plywood in a shoebox for storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    All of that applies if I am running a business making and selling bullets, boolits, or any other ammo component. Selling some cast boolits to one person is hard to define as a 'business'. Especially if I am 'paid' in kind.
    Wayne the Shrink, Let me tell you a story of the BATFE and me.
    I was "encouraged" by an AFT agent when I was at a gun show to get an FFL because
    I purchased one gun at a the show and remarked to my friend that I could double the price I paid at the next big show at the nearest big city. I was overheard and he explained that buying and selling "a" gun for profit was a business and without paying the .gov for a licence I was breaking the law.

Fast forward and under a different administration the ATF called asked how many guns I sold so far that current year, and the previous and "encouraged" me to drop my license or changed to a C&R because the current policy was they didn't want "Kitchen Table" FFL's.

Does this explain my attitude towards the .Gov and what I see possibly happening.

Say .mac goes to the range and he shoots a really good group and the guy at the next bench says something and asks where did you get the bullets and .mac say he bought them from a friend - and the guy persists as he wants to buy some so .mac say he got them from Wayne Smith. And the guy is an BATFE agent and shows up at Wayne Smith's and says .mac told me I could buy some cast boolits from you. And you have a few thousand too many .357's and so you say sure. Mousetrapped and now you go to court.

See the danger?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master

It is possible to get mousetrapped, true. Federal Court is expensive, too. That is why I don't sell boolits - but I'll give them away or trade for lead. If you want boolits that I make I'll teach you to cast - done that twice so far. Some of you guys will remember Chris (Arisaka99) - he was one of my victims! I will still give him some boolits for his Arisaka when he comes to visit, but most likely he will cast them himself.

The definition of 'doing business' is highly variable in the court today. That is the tightrope we walk if we casually make boolits for others.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy

Lyman #358156 , My go to bullet for Ruger security six.
    A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...2441-Ron-in-PA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123