RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee Precision

View Poll Results: Do you cut your own hair?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, either always or nearly always cut it myself.

139 58.40%
  • No, I normally pay someone else to do it.

79 33.19%
  • Hair?

26 10.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do you cut your own hair?

Boolit Master

Barber shop for me because I enjoy the place where men are still men. You can go to a women's shop I guess if your light in the loafers.

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    I used to go to a barber shop that was run by an old guy that used to run a barber school. He had 2 girls in there with him that cut my hair...it was GREAT. They always included a scalp massage and always hit you with some kind of stuff (witch hazel ?) at the end that made your scalp tingle for a half hour or so. Plus, they were excellent at cutting hair.

One day I went in for a cut, and there was a woman in the chair and they were giving her a permanent (the boss was gone). Now I would rather smell a dead carcass than that hair permanent stuff. It is in the top 3 absolute worst smells in the world in my book. That was the last time I was in a barber shop.

My wife cuts my hair now, has for the last 15 years or so.
    The enemy of good is better.

Boolit Master

Wy wife cuts my hair. She's been doing it for almost 25 years.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Buddy
    Wahl clippers & #2 trim guide. Done all over by my wife. Always have to wonder who skinned the rabbit after it's all done!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    Well,growing up,I did the GI DI from PI special.Now There is a swell lady who cuts mine locally.Does a great job.No charge,as I help her with taking off her trash and help her clean up the shop.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    Started in the Corps, & then I probably have been to an actual barber maybe 20 times in the past 30+ years since I left active duty. Mostly do my own, then have the missus or one of the sons check the back for being evenly cut. Most of the time I do a pretty acceptable job on my own though. Also cut my two sons hair with a clipper til they were 17-18, then they were on their own. My oldest, who served in the Army for around 5 years has done the same with his two boys also. Apparently it has become a sort of "family tradition". LOL
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    My daughter mows it back every 6 months or so, I'm not very fashion conscious...
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

I have a rather long scar from the back of my head to the top of my head from surgery. I have a barber cut my hair every 6-7 weeks to reduce the visibility of the scar. In really hot weather the last two weeks mean pretty sweaty hair otherwise it is not too bad.

Boolit Master
    20yrs ago give or take, myself and a buddy accidentaly over partook of a fine bottle of spirits. the end result was me no hair (right to tha wood) him one eyebrow. half a handle bar mustache, one stripe of hair with a broken line beside it ( think centre line hwy) he's gone now but my haircuts have remained the same right to the wood by my hand or my wifes or whoever will do it. I kinda like it no maintence now

Boolit Master
    I have been cutting my own hair for over 25yrs, cause I never had time for waiting around in barbershops listening to boolship, and I didn't quite have a lot of funds for it either. Now I just spend the extra funds on reloading supplies.

Boolit Bub
    No my barber is a close family friend, I usually go to catch up and see whats new.

I have not had a haircut in almost 20 years. I keep it in braids and under my hat. Its down to my waist.
    Before that I had cut it myself.
    A note on the Flowbee. I had been approached by the inventor when he had just a prototype and was looking for investors. He was a friend of a friend giving free haircuts to pitch his idea. I still wonder "what if I had invested".

Boolit Bub
    My wife cuts my hair. A dozen years ago bought a "hair cutting tool kit" at Walmart for $35, initially to cut the dog's hair. After a few dog trims, it became apparent she could/should also cut mine. I pay her $20 each time, which she uses for her special treat purchases. The dog still gets free hair cuts.

Banned

Boolit Grand Master
    Bought an $18 dollar electric cutter in 1992 and have had only one paid haircut since. Had a long stint at FLETC, New Mexico, and just couldn't stand the long hair anymore, so I paid a barber. Soon as I got home, the wife gave me my normal doo.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Overpriced and the ones the plug into the wall are more reliable.

Started cutting my own hair at least 15 years ago. Place my dad and I were going was charging like $18 way back then plus tip for hardly cutting any hair. Got a clippers and do it myself from then on. It was not the money so much as wasting so much time driving back and forth, waiting and then being itchy until I could get a shower. I cut my dads hair too but that doesn't take too long as he doesn't have much. Even cut my friends hair already after his wife screwed it up.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    The only advantage I see is the slightly curved blade. It wouldn't fit the curves of much of the dome so nothing I'd spend an extra dime on. Just another item made to sell instead of a usefull tool.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

I have an "INVERSION RACK" and hang upside down on it so I don't have to worry about the cut hairs causing itching on my shoulders and back. I can mow my grass, come in soaking wet with sweat and cut my hair and not get anything on me.
    I spent about $20 on a set of clippers which has been paid back many MANY times.
    The rack also stretches my back out, making me feel so much better, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

Think we're on the 3rd? set of Wahl clippers in 35 blissful years of marriage.We still get to laughing!"Sir,would you like a #3 today or a #2"...."you are the best looking barber,and make it really tough to concentrate but,make it a 3".

Wifey,who can't cook pop tarts is amazingly good with hair clippers?

Anybody want to go old skool,look on flea bay for Brown & Sharpe (yup,the same) hair clippers.They are original,"cordless".

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast