Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Wolf Large Rifle Magnum Primers; Same Cup Thickness as CCI #34?

Boolit Buddy

Wolf Large Rifle Magnum Primers; Same Cup Thickness as CCI #34?

Several years ago I purchased a few boxes of Wolf Large Rifle Magnum Primers. I am planning on developing some lead boolit loads for a few of my old military rifles. In the thread by BruceB on lead boolits in the M1A, one of the contributors mentioned that the Magnum Primers by Wolf and I suppose other Russian makers were not really hotter primers, but were primers with a thicker cup, similar to the CCI#34.

Does anyone out there have any real time experience loading cast boolits with these primers? I purchased these primers initially for the purpose of loading them in black powder cartridges, but have since lost interest in that. When I was loading lead boolits several years ago, I used Remington 9 1/2 exclusively. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day,......................

Boolit Buddy
    Don't hold me to it, but I read once that the Wolf/Tula small rifle magnums were harder cup while the large rifle magnums were true magnum primers. I've got both and use the LR Magnums with some ball powder loads that seem to work just as well as CCI250M or Fed GMM 215M. The Wolf/Tula SR primers have worked real well in my AR.
    Wish Trump would allow these to be imported again, my rifles really like the standard SR primer.