I'm on a run !

Every mold I've run lately has been well over weight .
Ok well who knows what has been done to this one .
In theory this should be a ...... I don't know actually every description is different at this point I'll go with a ML Minnie in 45 cal . My thinking was that it could be used in a 45-70 as a light paper patched . Alas not a lot of information available for it .
Attachment 193751Attachment 193752
Attachment 193753Attachment 193754

This is my first mould with a loose pin and my consistency isn't good as these vary from 287-291 in a random sample . All of the first 75 went straight back in the pot , poor fill out , oval skirts , suggestions of oil in the mould , too cold etc . These last 26 of 125 pours aren't too bad except the groove fill out . I'm at a loss as to how I can see a reproduction of machine marks on the first few and bad fill out on the last few . Mould temp ? Has to be too hot with the thin groove lands in the mould ?

The alloy is the general use hoge poge of 1-20 from tamper seals , 1-40 from a trade and 50s vintage lead flashing . So 2-5% tin , .5% copper and the balance in lead . It's from an old Lee bullet caster pot without an adjustable thermostat that runs from 700-775 according to the NOE thermometer .

I've had moulds cast a little off advertised weight but never 40 gr over , 20% is a lot heavy , looks like it would go 330 or so as a plain base . I don't have a ML with enough twist to feed this so that leaves me with using it as a heavy BP Colts or a light paper patched BP in the 45-70 ....... I could go low pressure overly slow powder in smokeless for the Raptor too I guess .

All things considered I guess what didn't make sense when I was looking at it does now .