WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Camera in a bullet???

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Camera in a bullet???

I thought I'd seen it all, but.....

http://www.vortexoptics.com/video/vo...ady_bullet-cam

......and only $99 per 10 rounds!

It was an April fools day prank. The camera isn't spinning on the way to the target.

Boolit Master

No they have an Optimization camera that only takes Frame shots at 12 o clock, how could you miss that.

Boolit Grand Master

I am surprised they didn't incorporate the golf ball dimples from their previous best April's fool joke.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 06-08-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Banned

you can't be usin up all the good material in one video.
    you gotta spread it out a bit.

Boolit Buddy
    I saw the link on vortex's site and thought I was real. I feel none too smart. looks like vortex has a sense of humor.

buhahgagaha

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    A friend sent me that link this morning. I looked at it said no way. And even if it was real I wouldn't waste my money.
    USN (ret)

Boolit Master
    Load it backwards and finally get the answer to what causes SEE.
    R.D.M.

Quote Originally Posted by randyrat View Post
    No they have an Optimization camera that only takes Frame shots at 12 o clock, how could you miss that.
    I bet it's really really really tiny gyroscopes.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Buddy

If it's on the internet it has to be true!
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

but really with tech these days, I thought it was real for a while too, till I thought, how would they get a gyroscope in their? and that was like 2 days later!
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Buddy

I was looking forward to purchasing from the new line of birds of prey for hunting from Brownells.
    Falconry sounds like a great complement to boolit casting..
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." -- Aesop

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by redriverhunter View Post
    I saw the link on vortex's site and thought I was real. I feel none too smart. looks like vortex has a sense of humor.
    One has to wonder about the mindset of people who come up with these stupid April Fool gags, and go to such elaborate lengths producing them on the company dime. As a burn-out from the retail world myself, the LAST thing I would do is come up with things that would make customers want to pester me - let alone make them want to pester me about something that ISN'T EVEN REAL.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I am surprised they didn't incorporate the gold ball dimples from there previous best April's fool joke.
    The golf balls aren't a joke. They do exist but are banned from competition.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    The golf balls aren't a joke. They do exist but are banned from competition.
    100% Aprils Fool's joke!!!!!!!!!!!

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...impled-bullet/

https://www.bing.com/search?q=golf+b...84c12cc7083aa6

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...l-web-readers/

April 10th, 2009Dimpled Bullet Spoof Continues to Fool Web Readers

More than a week after we ran the story as an April Fool’s hoax, our feature about U.S. Army testing of dimpled “golf-ball” bullets at Aberdeen Proving Ground continues to delude readers on dozens of web forums. This is the spoof that won’t die. Posters on numerous websites continue to be “suckered-in” by this story despite many obvious “clues” that the story is a hoax. An active debate still rages on one forum as to whether the dimpled “golf-ball bullet” complies with the terms of the Hague Convention on munitions. On the Gunsnet Forum some posters have gone to great length to prove the dimpled bullets really work. One duped reader posted: “Looks awesome… where can I buy them?” Another lamented that this was “another example of great technology monopolized by the military, but not available to civilians.” But, eventually, in most of the threads, savvy shooters saw through the hoax. One reader asked: “Will Army snipers now get to claim a 2-shot handicap?” Another clever poster wrote: “I have been shooting [dimpled bullets] for years… as long as there’s no water or sand traps around they work[.]” On the Handloads.com Forum, a reader quipped: “I wonder if you can chip, slice or put backspin on these rounds?”
    .338 Projectile with MIM Exo-Jacket
    (3D-CAD Artist’s Rendering)
    If you want to have some fun, check through these forums and read some of the posts by folks who remain convinced that dimpled bullets are real…
    FOOLED FORUMS…
    24-Hour Campfire Forum
    Longrangehunting.com Forum
    TacticalUnderground Forum
    AccurateReloading.com Forum
    Spec Op Community Network
    MDShooters Forum
    Snipers Hide Forum
    Firearms Talk
    Gunsnet Forum
    Handloads.com Forum
    Refuge Forums
    Many Obvious Give-Away Clues Overlooked
    The golf-ball-bullet story had some clues that should have tipped off smart readers to the fact that it was an April 1st spoof. First, the last name of the development team leader was “Eldrick”. Hmm… sound familiar? Google “Eldrick”. That’s right, “Eldrick” is Tiger Woods’ actual first name. At the end of the story we quoted a make-believe Capt. Sarazen. Well, again, “Sarazen” is the last name of golf legend Gene Sarazen. We published a photo of what was purported to be “advanced Doppler Radar”. In fact, the equipment shown is a battlefield sonic sensor array (sort of electronic ears) that has nothing to do with radar. Interestingly though, some readers thought the story was false because Doppler Radar wouldn’t be used to clock bullet speeds. In fact, Doppler Radar IS used to measure bullet speeds over long range, and it is probably the most sophisticated system currently available for this task. Lapua recently released Coefficient of Drag (Cd) data for its bullets; this data was compiled by “continuous Doppler radar measurements”. CLICK HERE for explanation of Doppler-derived Cd with sample charts.

Last edited by M-Tecs; 04-19-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

My bad, I though you were talking about the self correcting golf balls. Not dimpled bullets.

Boolit Master

So why don't bowling balls have the dimples like golf balls?
    'Cause it would break all the beer bottles.

Sorry; couldn't resist. . .
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    One has to wonder about the mindset of people who come up with these stupid April Fool gags, and go to such elaborate lengths producing them on the company dime. As a burn-out from the retail world myself, the LAST thing I would do is come up with things that would make customers want to pester me - let alone make them want to pester me about something that ISN'T EVEN REAL.
    Laugh and the whole world laughs with you. ***** and whine and you ***** and whine alone. I bet they have a line of guys working to outdo themselves to get a shot at making next year's pranks. You gotta have some fun at work or what's the point?

I appreciate the creativity. Next optic might just be a Vortex because of it!

the dimple theory is reality, I think it is called bournoullies spl? effect or theory. I could be wrong about the name, too lazy to look it up, but it decreases the low pressure zone behind the object. bowling balls don't move fast enough and would roll all bumpy like if you dimpled them,lol but now I want a bowling ball painted white with the Spaulding or whatever logo on it, with dimples airbrushed on it. that would be cool. thanks ffor the idea david2011
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.