Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: The 327 is Awesome

Boolit Master

The 327 is Awesome

After shooting a few Rock Chucks last week with my 32 maggie & have them run a bit before realizing they were dead I decided I better raise the firepower a bit so I left the single six home & grabbed my 8 shot Blackhawk 327 stoked with 135 gr. Ferminator HP's & a heavy charge of H110 & headed out to one of my favorite Ground Squirrel spots. This spot is also a great spot for some USDA prime badgers & there's always 3-4 Boone & Crockett size bad boys that live here because there are so many Ground Squirrels.

On this day I didn't see any of the badgers but that's they way it is with them, even though they are big they are always very hard to see. They can lay as flat as a dollar bill when they want to or hump up the size of a camel when they are looking for trouble, which is most of the time. I knew they were there because the sign was there. Big holes had been dug trying to dig out Squirrels. Badgers & Squirrels are very destructive on fields! I probably seen about 40-45 Squirrels but there was still some snow in the area & the hay was just starting to sprout up so it wasn't a great day although I did get 8 Squirrels with 13 shots, maybe more but it's hard to tell sometimes it the brush & dead grass without climbing through barb wire fences which I don't do very well.

When this 135 gr. HP hits a Squirrel it's a real bad wreck, sometimes it blows them in half but next time I'll use the 113 HP's, they will be even more explosive. These 135 gr. Ferminators have a long shank & they are really better for something like Rock Chucks or Coyotes, etc. I would even use them on deer with confidence because of that long shank at reasonable distances. Here's my 8 shot Blackhawk with a set of my Amboyna Burl stocks.

You can see the damage they do to a hay field, farmers hate them & the badgers.

This mule deer died a slow, horrible death. They try to jump the fence & catch their legs below the top wire & then wrap down around the second wire & it's over, they never get loose & just hang there & die a long lingering death.

Dick

Boolit Master

Great job on the squirrels! too bad abou the deer.

Boolit Master
    Sixshot that Ruger looks real nice with those grips. Can you post a photo of those bullet that you mention in your post?
    I am just getting into the 327. I bought a new SP101 4.2 inch barrel 327 first of march and have been trying a lot of different boolits and loads.The more I shoot this caliber the more I like it.

what is the length of the case? in Oklahoma for deer it has to be 25 cal or more and a case length of 1.25", although for me, for a deer I would want the 7.5" barrel. I used to shoot the h&r mag out of my mosin nagant with an adaptor and I loved it for raccoons and feral cats getting into our cchickens. the 327 sound even better!
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Man
    I'm having accuracy problems with my sp101. I like the idea of a wide range of power that can be used.

I have that 327 BH also. Where did you got the date to load that heavy boolit 135grs. HP? I would be interested in it.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

fun times.
    nice looking resolver.

Boolit Master
    The case length is just a little under 1.200" so you wouldn't be able to use it. I love the 327's & also have an SP101 & mine shoots great but I would only use this caliber in an emergency, there are better calibers for deer but it would work. I also make a 118 gr. HP & a 130 gr. solid, all of them shoot good in my guns. I powder coat all my bullets but I'm shooting up some that I've had on hand for quite a while.
    Here's a photo of the 135 gr. HP. My heavy H110 is something you want to work up to so I'm reluctant to show it here although it's a safe load & several of us are using that same load with that bullet but it won't fit in the Single Seven guns, the bullet is too long.

Dick