Load DataWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 22LR @ Walmart

Boolit Master

22LR @ Walmart

Walking through Walmart yesterday I saw 100 round boxes of Remington Golden Bullet ammo just sitting on top of the gun counter. Now I don't frequent Walmart often, it's the Walmartians don't ya know, when I noticed them @ $7.97ea, as I recall. It's the first time in years I've seen them on the counter where you could grab a box or 10 and take them to the register. There was at least 50 boxes out and this was about 2pm.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

That's good news for the rest of us. Seems like the supply is building back up to pre-BHO days!!
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Master

It sure is coming back a lot slower than I ever thought it would. For a while there I was seeing it more, and cheaper, but now hardly at all.

I need to qualify that a little. Cabela's has a shelf full of .22lr, but it's all too rich for my blood.

Boolit Master

I just bought a 500 round brick of Winchester for about $26 at our Walmart. First I have seen in Wally World in 8 or 9 years.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Perma-Banned

I have not seen it at Walmart in 3yrs...but, I wouldn't buy it anyway...I ain't paying even $26 for it.

Boolit Master
    $26.00 for a "brick"? Ouch. I think the last brick I bought was $12.00, and I thought that was highway robbery as I had paid $8.00 for the previous brick.

Obviously I didn't shoot a lot of .22 before His Imperial Executiveness's reign drove the prices to astronomical levels.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ed in North Texas View Post
    $26.00 for a "brick"? Ouch. I think the last brick I bought was $12.00, and I thought that was highway robbery as I had paid $8.00 for the previous brick.

Obviously I didn't shoot a lot of .22 before His Imperial Executiveness's reign drove the prices to astronomical levels.
    That's $6 above the previous normal price. I see people mentioning prices below $15 all the time. It hasn't been that price in well over a decade. $20 was the norm before it disappeared. Not the greatest price. But when you have children that shoot cases of it that price is tolerable.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    The going price for 22LR all over the US is 5.6 to 6.2 cents per round
    Regards
    John

Yeah and gas used to be $.99 when that brick was $6 or $8 but inflation moves on....
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwolf View Post
    Yeah and gas used to be $.99 when that brick was $6 or $8 but inflation moves on....
    +1 on this. I can remember paying 49 cents for a 50 round box of cheap Federal promotional loads. In 1978. And they were on sale. I figure at least a nickel a shot will be the going rate for .22 ammo for a while.

In Remembrance

Just saw one of those 1400 count pails of 22`s go on an on line auction for just over $100, a drop from those days when it would have gotten near or above $150.Robert

I purchased 2 "525" bricks at a show a few weeks back for $30 each, I didn't really need them but I picked them up anyways because even though I've switched to .38 spl for my plinking caliber I still have .22's and who knows what next week could bring with shortages and scares
    My firearms project blog

ADMIN

I bought a little over 12K rounds of federal at 5.6 cents a shot just a couple weeks ago.
    My daughter is getting into handgun shooting and thought I should stock up.
    This should last her until she switches to centerfire.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Master

I shoot cast boolits in my 22 Hornet cheaper than I can buy 22 LR's

Larry

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that 22LR was $10.00 a brick from about 1980 until about 2008.

I was happy to pay $20.00 for a brick of CCI Blazer from 2010-2012, and I'd gladly pay that price again. In the meantime, I'll keep casting for @ 5 cents a round in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    I could be wrong, but it seems to me that 22LR was $10.00 a brick from about 1980 until about 2008.

I was happy to pay $20.00 for a brick of CCI Blazer from 2010-2012, and I'd gladly pay that price again. In the meantime, I'll keep casting for @ 5 cents a round in mind.
    Not sure what it was way back in the 80's but I remember dad and I getting bricks for $7-$8 each in the late 90's......sigh
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    The going price for 22LR all over the US is 5.6 to 6.2 cents per round
    where? I haven't seen it below 8 cents in years and there is still none in my Walmart.

The last time I seen 22lr in walmart was about over 3 weeks ago. now the last I seen they are all gone. They where about $26 but did not need them. I past on them. If the price drop more then I will see about getting them. I use them mainly on my trap line and do not look for the high price ones. Regular target ones work for me.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It hasn't been that price in well over a decade. $20 was the norm before it disappeared. Not the greatest price. But when you have children that shoot cases of it that price is tolerable.
    Most of that decade I didn't see any
    Actually the only 22 I saw on the shelves during Obama's entire tenure was 80 bucks for a brick of subsonic and that was...oh 6 years in. Before that I remember seeing it for 12 bucks. I think you're right though 20-26 is the new normal, last I paid for was 10 bucks for a hundred so I'll still be happy.
    "There are no solutions there are only tradeoffs" ~ Thomas Sowell

Boolit Master
    I remember back in '70's it was about the same price to shoot my .357 with cast at little over a penny each... primer was $10/1,000, and powder was cheap, lead was just laying around so I figured a tad over penny per round..... about the same price as .22 LR at the time at little over penny/round. Well, it's about same price now - primers at $40/1,000, powder costs a bit more and lead has to be purchased most times so I figure it's 6 or 7 cents per round for my .357 cast bullet reloads..... about the same as 22LR. Inflation affects everything.

Ken H>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast