WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TICKS... are here in S.E. Minnesota(2017).

Boolit Master

TICKS... are here in S.E. Minnesota(2017).

I take out my Choc. LAb & our Australian Shepard almost every day to let them run out in the woods, & as it gets warmer, to swim in a local trout stream.

Today was the first day I found a tick. ON "ME".

SO, if ya have dogs, or lil children, etc... Including yourselves... and are in more Northern climes...

THEY are Back!

BE prepared & get ready!

Boolit Mold
    Our ticks showed up last month here in Lewiston Idaho! Yucky!!
    Ed

Perma-Banned

Yeah...and the turds are in Washington, D.C...Franken is one of them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    Yeah...and the turds are in Washington, D.C...Franken is one of them.
    yep He sure is, Along with Sen. Klobuchar... Don't forget Ellison & all the rest of them too.

I am talking about the blood sucking ones that are out in the woods & fields. Eventually, by legislation & not by actually spending any time there... they will prolly be out in the woods & fiels too.. Until then...
    Those types are in the cities... They spend most of their time there.. Likely they are a problem there too..

Doubt you will find them in the woods & fields, though...

BTW...Nice try at politicizing the topic. Them politicians are Blood suckers too, so I guess that is on topic.
    LOL

But... I was talking about the spidery type insects that actually live in the outdoors.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by JBinMN; 04-15-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    yep He sure is, Along with Sen. Klobuchar... Don't forget Ellison & all the rest of them too.

I am talking about the blood sucking ones that are out in the woods & fields. Not so much in the cities...
    Doubt you will find them in the woods & fields...

Nice try at politicizing the topic. They are Blood suckers too, so I guess that is on topic.

I was talking about the spidery type insects that actually live in the outdoors.
    Thanks!
    I wasn't trying to politicize the topic...just a poor attempt at a little humor.

Boolit Master
    All OK!

I don't like them one bit either, if ya did not notice.
    LOL

Boolit Master
    They are getting horrible in northern Michigan as well. 10 years ago, there were none to be found. Now they are thick as thieves.

Our chickens d keep them down a bit in our yard, but whenever we walk in the woods we do a check when we come inside.

Banned

We didn;t have much of a Winter and they are bad as a result this year. Had a couple dug into me after just doing some shooting outside here. Gonna have to get some permethrin and wear only the treated clothes when I do stuff around here.

Boolit Master
    Here, anytime the ambient temps get to 60+ day and 50+ overnite the ticks and such crawl. I gotten ticks in every month of the year. Had 2 episodes of bitten by a tick infected with Lyme. Seems I get the bullseye real big when they get me. Yeah, 1st time it was 12 weeks of Biaxin, 2nd I was already on antibiotics for abscess tooth so a slight change of meds and only 6 weeks of treatment. Had a fellow church member get Lyme 3 years ago and he died in 17 months and never recovered or got over the infection, slow painful and debilitating spreading infection. Yeah, I spray the clothes every day I'm outside in the yard, garden or wherever. 10
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    We took our two dogs to the Vet on Saturday for their annual check-up and shot updates. The woman Vet that we go to said that they started seeing ticks here where we are in south central MI back in February due to the mild winter they had here. So far. we haven't seen any yet but I have to start raking the yard and leaves this next week so will be on the look out for them.

It's odd . . . when we were kids here in MI, we were outdoors on the farm all the time or in the woods and I don't ever remember picking up ticks - they were a thing you got up north in the woods. Now . . . just walking the dogs in the yard and short grass and they show up. Yep . . we have a lot more deer now but I always thought it a bit odd we didn[t have them as kids but we do now . . . . "prolific" doesn't begin to describe it at times now.

Boolit Master
    What part of Michigan are you folks from?

Perma-Banned
    picked a couple off my clothes after mowin' the yard the other day then got one off my scalp the next day. since the she-griz's leg is still tryin' to rot off from a tick bite she got about 4 years ago I'll be paranoid for a month & spazzin' over every li'l' symptom both real & imagined.

Vendor Sponsor

Y'all need some chickens! Chickens will rid an entire yard of ticks in about a day..
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Y'all need some chickens! Chickens will rid an entire yard of ticks in about a day..

with all the coyotes around here you'd hafta keep'em penned up or buy more chickens every time ya turn around so, that wouldn't work.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Ticks are also real nasty in Central NY, I came in with 5 crawling on me last Wed. The first on I found on me was over a month ago, they were active most of the mild winter here. I have been using Lavender oil on my ankles, wrists and around my neck ever since. My wife put the oil in a roller bottle thing and it only takes a moment to apply in the morning before I go out side.

I have ordered a Baltic Amber necklace also, My daughter and son in law swear by them. Brad works some as a logger and they have been tick free all year. They check their horses daily and remove ticks almost daily from them.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Seriously? That's awesome! My daughter begged me for 4 chickens when she got all A's on her report card...in the 4th grade...so we did and we are letting them roam around in our yard. I did not know this, thanks!

Also, here in FL, snakes have come out quicker and bigger...not hardly a Winter (it stopped by for a cup of coffee) so they are out and about. Saw 3 snakes last Summer...saw 3 last month.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Banned

Ticks, chiggers, deer flys, and stinging insects.
    Lot of that joy here.

Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    They are getting horrible in northern Michigan as well. 10 years ago, there were none to be found. Now they are thick as thieves.

Our chickens d keep them down a bit in our yard, but whenever we walk in the woods we do a check when we come inside.
    thats about when they started showing up here in western Pa. When I was a kid (47 now)I lived in the woods and fields sun up till sun down . Never knew what a tick was or even seen one well except on the belly and armpits of deer we killed . Never ever had one crawling on my cloths or skin ! Now you can't walk through the yard without those little buggers getting on your pant leg . Hate them with a passion !
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Grand Master

Ticks are the only thing I worry about in this area. Don't have to worry about tornados, earthquakes, hurricanes, poisonous animals or chiggers. But the ticks are thick. Spent a couple hundred last year treating my dog for it. He doesn't seem effected by it. But it's a disease we know very little about. If you really want to worry watch the documentary "Under Our Skin". It will make you think about alzheimers and dementia as well.

Boolit Master
    Ticks are out by Brainerd too. More deer ticks than woodticks! Todd/3leg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast