Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brain tumor

Boolit Buddy
    Best of luck to you.

Regards Trevor

Love you too Ken!

Be well! May God's grace walk with you.

Boolit Master

Ken I am praying that the Great Physician will grant you not only healing for your body but will also give you peace. Lord however you choose to heal Ken, I ask that you touch him and his family during this storm he is facing. If you choose to heal through the doctor's hands, then I ask that you give the medical team supernatural wisdom as they do the surgery necessary to remove the tumor. Thank you in advance for what you are about to do for Ken.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Perma-Banned

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jcren View Post
    Prayers sent
    Same for me.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    Surgery is scheduled next Wednesday the 26th at 7:30. The prognosis is still excellent.

thanks for you prayers, good thought, concerns and encouragement.

Moderator Emeritus

You'll be in our prayers until they're not needed any more. God bless you.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I'll be praying Ken . You have come a long way brother , the Lord is at your side . He has tended you and your wife not that long ago . May he be close to give reassurance , strength and guidance .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Mold
    Hey folks!

I am Ken's son. He has asked that I provide updates to this thread following his surgery. Thank you all for your prayers.

I often take rest in Psalm 119:89-91,

"Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens.
    Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
    you have established the earth, and it stands fast.
    By your appointment they stand this day,
    for all things are your servants."

The last phrase, "for all things are your servants," is huge. All things! Our God is completely sovereign. Nothing is outside of his dominion. There are no rogue molecules in the universe. Not a single one. All things, in an ultimate and perfect sense which we cannot comprehend, are his servants.

Moreover, as those who have been born again, we have this great promise. "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28). Again, all things! God is working *all* things together for the good of his saints. If that simple statement is true, then *nothing *is excluded.

Not cancer. And not even death.

While we ask God earnestly for another act of physical deliverance (there have been many these last 12 years since dad was diagnosed with his cancer), I all the more pray that the name of Christ, and his sovereign dominion, would be glorified through this trial. Death is indeed an enemy, but our Lord has defeated death. Our Lord is he who says, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades." (Revelation 1:17-18). And should this be the illness by which God chooses to take my dad's life, let it be known that we do not weep as the world weeps (1 Thes. 4:13). We have an eternal hope that has been purchased for us by the blood of Christ, in whom we have received forgiveness and deliverance from the dominion of sin, having been adopted as sons of God, with whom we shall abide in peace forever.

I am encouraged by my dad's faith through all of this. Pray with me that he would be all the more strengthened in sharing the truth of the gospel as the day draws nearer. Pray especially for our unbelieving family, that through this all they might come face to face with their own mortality (Ecclesiastes 7:2), see the gravity of their sin against a holy and just God, and that God might grant them repentance leading to salvation (2 Tim. 2:25-26). Even if my dad's body should die, let God use it as the catalyst to bring about new birth in those who even now walk dead in their sins! This life, for all its small pleasures, is nothing but a prelude to judgment without Christ. For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and through Christ alone may be we justified (Romans 3:23-24).

I will look forward to providing updates next week following the surgery. Thank you again.

Banned

Thank you for a great post and
    Thank you in advance for the updates
    We have a great group of members of The Body of Christ here
    It is an honor to pray for your father

Perma-Banned

Son, your faith is refreshing!

Prayer sent for Ken, the entire family and those that might possibly be touched by this.

Tallinar. I also thank you for your post. All Glory indeed belongs to God.
    Prayers continue for your father and your family. Go in Peace.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Prayers for you and yours
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Tallinar thank you for keeping us updated. Wishing only the best for Ken, he and your family remain in our prayers.

Boolit Master

Your faith is precious and encouraging to us all, especially our Father. What a privilege to pray for brothers and sisters in Christ!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Moderator Emeritus

Ken, It is good that you and your family is good with the surgeon. It is even more important that God is watching over you.......I had a friend that had a tumor taken out of his brain a year ago due to tremors in his hands and he is good as new.

Father, as Ken approaches his surgery please be with him and his family. Take any concerns and fears away so that they can clearly see the path they must take to get Ken healed. Father, You are the great Healer and I/we give You all the praise. Please heal Ken and restore him unto us Father. AMEN

Ken, Please keep us up on what is going on....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear of this. I pray for you and for God to guide the surgeon's hand.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Tallinar, for your post. Ken certainly has one fine son! God bless all of you, and heal Ken.

In Remembrance

Lord hold Ken and family close and strengthen them with your loving presence.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for finding this thread my son Tallinar.

i am planning on surviving a while. We need to get the kids out to the range and we need a long Saturday casting session too!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast