MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load Data Wideners
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brain tumor

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tallinar View Post
    Dad and I are sitting in the ICU discussing philosophy, drinking coffee together. Except for the incision on the side of his head, you would not guess that he had brain surgery today.
    Hope things continue to be well for you and your Dad. Take care and best wishes for you and yours.

Boolit Master

Praise the Lord for His grace and healing. May it continue.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master

In the name of Christ Jesus I am thankful, and praying for a full recovery!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Moderator Emeritus

Great to hear he's doing well. Some of us older guys are made of some pretty tough stuff! God be with Ken and family.

Prayers continue. May God guide his recovery.
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    To GOD be the Glory, forever and ever. Amen.
    And Again, I say Amen!

i am very well and a very happy and content man this night.

It is time to lay down to sleep next to my wonderful helpmate of 38 glorious years.

good night my brothers. Let us rejoice in the morning in a new day of God's everlasting grace.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken in Iowa View Post
    And Again, I say Amen!

i am very well and a very happy and content man this night.

It is time to lay down to sleep next to my wonderful helpmate of 38 glorious years.

good night my brothers. Let us rejoice in the morning in a new day of God's everlasting grace.
    GOD has blessed you, my friend.

Praise GOD!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    GOD has blessed you, my friend.

Praise GOD!
    Indeed brother!

i went out front for a smoke this morning and my across the street neighbor and early riser walked over for a chat. We talked about his battle with cigarettes and how he finally won. One of my bride and mine final conversations last night was about where we wanted our little dog to go if something happened to us. The answer is our daughter in Colorado the consummate dog lover of our family.

That neighbor already has house keys, our dog loves them and vice versa. Heck, knowing those neighbors they would deliver him to Colorado if necessary as they used to live there.

These are the kind of people that God provides.

Amen?
    Last edited by Ken in Iowa; 04-29-2017 at 06:31 AM.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Lord thank you for intervening in Ken's time of need . Thank you for loving us . All praise is yours Lord . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Father, Ken is facing a major issue as You know. Please continue to walk with him and guide the physician that treat and heal him. As You know Ken has already dealt with the fear issue but he still needs Your guidance so that the path You need him to travel, in order to heal, will be visible to him. Father I give You all the praise because You are the Great Healer. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Good news is always so good to hear Ken. So glad to hear that for now all is going well.

I am reminded of the old childrens bedtime song. "Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep"

Sometimes just keeping it simple really works.

We are given each day as a gift. It is up to us what we decide to do with that day. At the end of the day we hope the Lord will guard and protect us should we not wake to another day. Simple as that. Keep the faith, try to walk in his will, keep your belief in him strong. Hope for the future.

Ken I know you know all this. Bless you sir, and keep you, may God smile upon you.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, here, Ken! Great neighbors are a special sort of blessing that many simply don't have any more. Most don't even know their neighbors in the cities any more. I have some really great ones, and none are "bad" any more. Had one that was working at the Clerk of Courts' office, and was seeing and living with a guy who was on parole. She finally got caught stealing money from the office and was prosecuted, and thankfully, moved from here.

Here in the South, we live in a checkerboarded social environment. That's why blacks and whites get along well here. They know each other, and it's a lot harder to "hate" somebody when you know them, and the challenges they face. One has to have empathy for anyone who's laboring under any sort of duress.

But good neighbors are a special type of blessing that not everyone enjoys, and mostly, I think, it's because they just don't know their neighbors well, or even at all. City living will never appeal to me, but some defy the odds, and find great folks, if they just go looking for them. There's always going to be some of the other kind, but that's just the way the world is. The good ones are special, and probably even moreso these days.

Boolit Master
    I awoke this morning yearning for the Word. I studied Mathew chapter 3 in the context of the biblical namesakes of my Crown Jewels, as in grandchildren.

I made notes for future study as I am lead to complete the Gospell of Matthew and eventually into Acts.

It is Sunday. I will worship this morning with our granddaughter.

oh, new Greek word that I learned this morning, anthropol meaning men and women. I became interested in anthropology in college, but only as a passing interest. Now I know the word root.

Boolit Master
    Have a blessed day brothers and sisters.

Amen

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Amen, here, Ken! Great neighbors are a special sort of blessing that many simply don't have any more. Most don't even know their neighbors in the cities any more. I have some really great ones, and none are "bad" any more. Had one that was working at the Clerk of Courts' office, and was seeing and living with a guy who was on parole. She finally got caught stealing money from the office and was prosecuted, and thankfully, moved from here.

Here in the South, we live in a checkerboarded social environment. That's why blacks and whites get along well here. They know each other, and it's a lot harder to "hate" somebody when you know them, and the challenges they face. One has to have empathy for anyone who's laboring under any sort of duress.

But good neighbors are a special type of blessing that not everyone enjoys, and mostly, I think, it's because they just don't know their neighbors well, or even at all. City living will never appeal to me, but some defy the odds, and find great folks, if they just go looking for them. There's always going to be some of the other kind, but that's just the way the world is. The good ones are special, and probably even moreso these days.
    my brilliant surgeon was brought to us via Kenya. I have selected a gift of Kenyan tea as a token of our gratitude, a little taste of home from the region of the origins of Man.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in Iowa View Post
    Have a blessed day brothers and sisters.

Amen
    You also have a blessed day Ken ! Matthew is full of wonder and more detail daily life of Jesus , I particularly enjoy 17and 18 . Glad you are recovering , still praying for you . GOD bless!
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Ken, one of my friends who's going through some real medical trials, also has a doc from one of the African countries, much like Kenya. He says he's a brilliant man who's helped him where other docs have faltered or failed. The doc is a very high ranking son of one of the chiefs there, and he has to practice here for a number of years in return for his education. After that, he plans to return home to his people, and do all he can to help them there. He's got some really great values, and a great personality, according to my friend. Many people still think of Africans as "backward" and "barbarian," and nothing could be further from the truth for a great many of them today. And very bright people are born all over the world, into environments that don't allow them to flourish. Long ago, these were the ones who became great military leaders for their tribes. Now, they have more options, or at least do in many cases.

Our imaginations and stereotypes really prevent us from realizing what kind of potential many have today. I can't imagine how thankful many are for the opportunities they've been given today! Not all will be, of course, but many are. The only ones we hear about are the ones who aren't thankful, and abuse the gifts and opportunities they've been given. But that need not shape our perceptions, and cause us to err.

It was never Christ's intent that ANYONE be lost. He just accepts our verdict, whichever way we choose to go. It's really just that simple. And all sorts of folks we don't tend to think of as being "saved" may well be some of His most devoted servants. We need to constantly remember these things, if we possibly can.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    Ken, one of my friends who's going through some real medical trials, also has a doc from one of the African countries, much like Kenya. He says he's a brilliant man who's helped him where other docs have faltered or failed. The doc is a very high ranking son of one of the chiefs there, and he has to practice here for a number of years in return for his education. After that, he plans to return home to his people, and do all he can to help them there. He's got some really great values, and a great personality, according to my friend. Many people still think of Africans as "backward" and "barbarian," and nothing could be further from the truth for a great many of them today. And very bright people are born all over the world, into environments that don't allow them to flourish. Long ago, these were the ones who became great military leaders for their tribes. Now, they have more options, or at least do in many cases.

Our imaginations and stereotypes really prevent us from realizing what kind of potential many have today. I can't imagine how thankful many are for the opportunities they've been given today! Not all will be, of course, but many are. The only ones we hear about are the ones who aren't thankful, and abuse the gifts and opportunities they've been given. But that need not shape our perceptions, and cause us to err.

It was never Christ's intent that ANYONE be lost. He just accepts our verdict, whichever way we choose to go. It's really just that simple. And all sorts of folks we don't tend to think of as being "saved" may well be some of His most devoted servants. We need to constantly remember these things, if we possibly can.
    Good news, Ken.

Yeah, doctors are like mechanics and other service folk...they work differently for different folks...just have to find the one that works well for you. Glad you found your match.

Boolit Mold
    Friends,

I wanted to inform you that Ken (my dad) is now in hospice. His pain is under control, and we've had some sweet time together with all of his grandchildren. We were able to spend time reading the Scriptures together, praying, and sang a hymn before he lost his lucidity.

The members of this board have meant very much to him over the years, and I thank you all for your companionship to him.

I praise God that my father shall soon be with the Lord, and I would urge all of you all as friends that if you have not, to repent of your sin and place your trust in Jesus Christ. Only in him is forgiveness of sins. Only in him is there hope beyond the grave. Only through his righteousness will we be made to stand at the judgment.

I give my father's love to you all.

Jason

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast