Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Replica air ? pistol

Replica air ? pistol

Some have talked about these so I thought you might like to see a replica .Marvin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSNXY4dWSzw

Boolit Master
    Interesting little piece.
    Many years ago an article in the American rifleman included drawings of a scaled down Remington Elliot .41 single shot derringer. The author had built one as a project in miniature guns and to test his skills.
    His was non firing, he bored it out smaller than .22 .

That particular derringer desigh had no breech block as such, inertia of its heavy and wide hammer face being enough to prevent the mild .41 rimfire cartridge from blowing out the breech before the bullet left the muzzle of the short barrel.

That scaled down pistol would be a candidate for a primer driven pellet gun.

The Pedersoli might be useful in disposing of smaller rats and have limited use for self defense. A deep and painful pellet wound to the face along with the flash and bang would deter most thugs and give the shooter the upper hand in the fight that might follow.
    Some of the tiny pin fire "Muff" pistols had little if any more striking power.

If I wanted a Parlor Pistol I'd want it to be a good deal larger in size.

In some countries where cartridge handguns are forbidden to civilians they marketed replica revolvers with the sort of Shot Shell primer ignition mentioned here. A poster from France gave a good description of a SAA replica he owned and how to get around some problems these guns have.

Then theres the .12 caliber replicas of the Luger and SAA once sold in the US as childrens toys. These used stick on cap buster caps and had little power, less than any airgun on the market.

I don't see much of a market for these, unless they built some as replicas of more popular handguns. Even then the Flobert replicas would edge them out unless even the Flobert cartridge were banned.

You should look up the Alternative to .22 Rimfire thread in the Rimfire Forum.