Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Saw a very interesting Rossi M92 the other day

Super Moderator

Saw a very interesting Rossi M92 the other day

.................Stopped into a gun shop the other day. 1st time I'd been inside. Lots of used rifles. One was a Rossi M92 chambered 38/357. It was a short rifle (20" bbl) with a brass receiver, all the other metal being blued steel. The barrel was round. The receiver was very nicely engraved. It appeared to be almost as new, plus it have VERY attractive wood. It was obviously an early import as the importer was Interarms, plus it was marked as simply Rossi and Brazil. It didn't appear to me to have been shot, and if it had, then not very much. The blued bolt was barely marked as was the hammer where they bear against each other when operated. I've neither heard of, let alone SEEN one like this one before. There was no bolt top safety. It's possible it may be 300 series stainless that's been plated. However as I mentioned, it was very nicely engraved, and it did not appear to be plated, but what do I know?

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

What price were they asking?

Boolit Master
    What are you waiting for ? Get it!

Banned

Chippewa ??? Puma ???
    I would do some due diligence on that one

Boolit Master
    Sounds nice, if its reasonably priced I would go back and get it. No much out there as fun as a 357 lever action.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    .................Stopped into a gun shop the other day. 1st time I'd been inside. Lots of used rifles. One was a Rossi M92 chambered 38/357. It was a short rifle (20" bbl) with a brass receiver, all the other metal being blued steel. The barrel was round. The receiver was very nicely engraved. It appeared to be almost as new, plus it have VERY attractive wood. It was obviously an early import as the importer was Interarms, plus it was marked as simply Rossi and Brazil...
    Sorta like this carbine:
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life

I've never seen a factory-engraved Rossi, but AFAIK Rossi is still making brass-framed Model 92's:

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=169

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Super Moderator

.............To those who asked, it had a $600 price tag on it. Since I already have 3 M92's (2 x Rossi, 45 Colt 24" octagon case color, 38/357 Short rifle, blued, and a Miroku 45 Colt rifle, round bbl, blued) as pretty as it was I don't get the chance to shoot the ones I have as often as I'd like.

Griff, yup, that's it exactly. On the right side of the action, on the bottom rear portion there was a banner engraved so the owner could have their initials added I suspect.

............Buckshot
    Last edited by Buckshot; 04-18-2017 at 03:35 AM.
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Griff, yup, that's it exactly. On the right side of the action, on the bottom rear portion there was a banner engraved so the owner could have their initials added I suspect.
    ............Buckshot
    Yep. I had my wife's alias engraved there.

It's actually not brass, it's a steel receiver, but with a "gold wash" applied. And while many of those are not very durable, this one has held up quite well over quite a few years of rather heavy use. At one time, both my wife and son were sharing this rifle at 2 to 3 matches a month for a year or two, until I found a reasonably priced '92 for my son.

I bought this one, new in box, I believe for $227, for myself Feb 1, 1986, and handed it off to my wife later that year, when she started shooting CAS with me, (& I bought an 1873). I better adjust my current value based on that asking price!!! (I have $500 when I checked my inventory sheets... & NO it ain't for sale)!
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life