Inline FabricationWisconsin TriggerGraf & SonsStainLess Steel Media
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New RCBS pro melt for sale

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    No, it's more confusing than that, why make it easy? In the US we get 220v by having two legs of 110 combined with a neutral/ground. Basicly everything in your house will be 110v based with additional legs as the transformers step it down to 110v.
    In the U.K. the transformers step down to 220v, so it's one leg of 220, a neutral and a ground, like most of our 110v outlets.
    Clear as mudd?
    Ah, thanks for the clarification. Now it makes sense.

Boolit Master

Just a note.

Seller says lower 48 only.

Shipping costs using USPS are the same to all 57 states.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    Just a note.

Good Point!

Boolit Master

Only if it fits in a Flat Rate Box, otherwise it can get much more expensive. 57! When did the other 7 get admitted?

Obama said there were 57 States.

Boolit Master
    Well, I'm disappointed that you are disappointed. The man was offering a very fair deal on a brand new machine and you wanted to beat him down even further. I would have ignored you too. I don't even try to sell things here on this website anymore because no matter how good a deal I offer, no matter how much I try to pay it forward, someone always makes me regret it with dogging me for an even better deal. Had I seen the offer in time, you can add me to the list of people who would have jumped on it at the offered price and terms and said thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardF View Post
    Congratulations Grumpy Bear, you got a great deal! I must say that I am very disappointed in how this deal was handled. I was first to send a message and I get no response. I followed it up with another message asking what was the best price you would take and I still get no response. Now it gets sold to the third person to pm. The courtesy of responding to my PM's would have been greatly appreciated.

Boolit Master
    Sometimes it's not about cost to ship. Sometimes it's about potential damage and hassle. I ship 48 states for anything not in a flat rate box or that could get damaged. My experience with Alaska and Hawaii are not good regarding package condition. I can't imagine the US territories are any better.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    Just a note.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 6622729 View Post
    Well, I'm disappointed that you are disappointed. The man was offering a very fair deal on a brand new machine and you wanted to beat him down even further. I would have ignored you too. I don't even try to sell things here on this website anymore because no matter how good a deal I offer, no matter how much I try to pay it forward, someone always makes me regret it with dogging me for an even better deal. Had I seen the offer in time, you can add me to the list of people who would have jumped on it at the offered price and terms and said thank you.
    My problem is I look at these exchanges like a face to face conversation. If the sign says obo I think it means obo and as a retired person I try to save wherever I can(not that I am that successful, but I do try). So when I see obo and make an offer, to me, it is the same as talking to the seller face to face. I know from the response, verbal or not, even if the offer is low, at least I know and can adjust. That is what I thought, anyway. Dannyd and I have communicated and we're good. Apparently I am going to have to adjust to the new norms where it is acceptable to ignore others and obo doesn't mean obo.

Boolit Man
    Thats the way it is with me. If he wasn't interested in diddling a little he wouldn't have put up obo.
    But whatever, it was good natured fun. I'm personally proud of you guys

Boolit Master

If I offer up something for sale, and say OBO, and one guy offers me less than the asking price, or offers to trade me something that I don't want, and another offers the full price, then that is the best offer. Unless I have nothing better to do, I am going to take that offer, instead of going back and forth for days on the computer trying to work things out. Some guys are on the computer all the time, and others go there once a day, or less. THAT is what makes it different than face to face sales.

Boolit Master

Yes..
    "Had his shooting been as good as his running, he might have given a better account of himself."
    James. C. Henderson

New RCBS pro melt for sale

Holy poo, a steal at 300 shipped. Thanks for offering great deals to the CB members, have a great week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    They DO fit in a large flat rate.. with a little disassembly.. been there done that...

Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Only if it fits in a Flat Rate Box, otherwise it can get much more expensive. 57! When did the other 7 get admitted?

Vendor Sponsor

Well I have both 220 and 110 promelts and use them side by side. One plugs into 110 like normal and the 220 plugs into a 220 socket, which also runs my Waage and my masterpot.
    Last edited by happy7; 04-19-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    Large selection of 500 S&W ammunition including 700gr
    www.mattsbullets.com/ammunition

Over 100 different top quality bullets offered!
    Too busy to cast your own boolits? I can cast them for you. Check out my website.
    www.mattsbullets.com

looking for the following:
    Lyman 429106, 358425 - 121 grain version
    4 Cavity Lyman 358344

Oklahoma and Idaho - and not depending on the weather.
    Power source aside, I guess since a Lee pot is about a 1/4 the price, the thermostat must be the bomb compared to Lee?? I know sometimes I feel like my two Lee's might just have dummy controls whose wires end in space inside the little tower. Is it just the temp control that makes them desirable or is the spout operation somehow better too? I need another pot up north. Have been considering cast iron pot and Coleman Stove since I ladle pour about everything.
    Last edited by SgtDog0311; 04-19-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    Best Regards,
    John

Boolit Master
    I really like my 10lb Lee pot and have resisted anything more advanced until this thread. It caused me to look into these and I discovered it just got replaced by a new model and that led me to the new Lyman model, the Mag 25. I bought that for $229 last night from Brownell's to get more capacity, digital temperature control and a good mold guide.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDog0311 View Post
    Power source aside, never looked into one of these. I guess since a Lee post is about a 1/4 the price that the thermostat must be the bomb compared to Lee?? I know sometimes I feel like my two Lee's might just have dummy controls that end in space inside the little tower. Is it just the temp control that makes them desirable or is the spot operation somehow better too? I need another pot up north. Have been considering cast iron pot and Coleman Stove since I ladle pour about everything.

Boolit Bub
    I am in pretty much the same boat as far as looking for an increase in capacity. Would you be willing to provide your first impression of the Lyman? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Boolit Master

I had two pro melts and I like the Lyman 25 better. The Lyman 25 does leak so you have to keep the drain clean. Never had a pro melt leak. Also have every modern pot Lee makes they work good the 20 and the 10 have two each.

Boolit Master

I have 2 Lee's, a Pro-Melt in 220 and a Magma 40 lber. The Pro-melt is better than the Lee because it is a 22 lb pot, compared to the Lee's 17. It's thermostat is attached to the pot, whereas the Lee thermo, is in the little tower, so there is much more lag time. And the RCBS is an 800 watt pot, compared to 600 for the Lee. My Lee worked fine, apart from the dripping, until I started using 5-6 cavity moulds, and then it just couldn't keep up. The Magma is just, well, better everywhere. Larger, more wattage, and a better spout, that has the option of 2 pour streams. I still use my Pro-Melt for all my pure lead casting, so I don't have to drain the Magma when I do my Blackpowder bullets and balls. They all melt lead, and they all pour out the bottom into your mould. Better kinda depends on your volume and how much free time you have for casting. And your budget.

Boolit Master

Dross and trash in the valve will cause any pot to leak. The RCBS and Lyman valves are a little better finished and less likely to leak, but that's no guarantee. Care and provisions should always be taken beforehand in case there is a major spill or leak. All my furnaces have lots of history, and I wish I had seen this ad first.....
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast