Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Help ID this Commercial Sizer

Boolit Man

Help ID this Commercial Sizer

Hey Folks. I bought this sizer off ebay and it was delivered yesterday. The guy thought it was an early Magma Lube Master, but there is not a name on it. The collator also does not have a name and the collator is missing some small parts. I contacted Magma for the parts and Gene pointed me MA Systems. Ron Ayers at MA Systems says its not one of their collators and he doesn't recognize it. So, I sent pictures to Gene and he called me to tell the sizer is not a Magma unit. He doesn't remember the name of the company, but he thinks they were located in Michigan.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sizer1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	193257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sizer2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	193258

The company Gene can not remember the name of of the company was in business before Magma.

Does anyone have an idea of who made this sizer? It works well, I just need a few small parts for the collator.

Thanks!!

Boolit Man
    Quick update: This machine takes Star sizers. Did Star make a commercial unit?

If they did, it surprises me that Magma would not know about it as they acquired the star lube sizer patents and rights to make them.

Boolit Man
    That would make sense. I am stumped that this machine take Star sizers though. I installed a .452" Star sizer die in it earlier this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    If they did, it surprises me that Magma would not know about it as they acquired the star lube sizer patents and rights to make them.

If Michigan, might this be Camdex?

Boolit Buddy

The lube-sizer was made by Reloader's Equipment, located in Michigan.. Sizer is from the mid 60's.. I have one of these machines that I converted many years ago to process the bases (bulge removal) of all of my rimless cases, 380, 9mm, 40, 10mm and 45 Auto.. Never used the machine to actually lube and size bullets.
    Viet Nam 11/66 to 3/68

Boolit Man
    Thanks for the information Starreloader. Do you know if Reloader's Equipment was bought out by another company? Any chance you have any parts that you don't use that you would want to get rid of? Know of any part sources or who made the collator?

Thanks again.