Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: P64 Feeding Issue with Lee 95gr

Boolit Master

P64 Feeding Issue with Lee 95gr

New to me P64 is my new project... Have slugged barrel,obtained new brass and cut 9x19 down to 9x18... ordered new sizing die, cast some 95gr using Lee 365 95R mould... assembled some dummy rounds. Have experienced feeding issues when set to OAL @.982 then kept backing down....problem goes away completely @ .950... I see some loads listed in Lee Manual @ .365.... anyone have experience running this bullet in a P64? I haven't even tried to polish feed ramp yet... and haven't really fired the assembled rounds on the range... just trying to hand cycle to see how they will function... any help is greatly appreciated.... thanks for looking
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Boolit Buddy
    I use the Lee bullet in 9mm mak cases over 2.5 gr. of bullseye. Never had a problem in fact P64's are generally known for their reliability.

Boolit Master
    DPMSMAN,. What is your ORAL?
    Perhaps my learning skills have diminished in my senior years.. 50 years ago I could read something once and then "have it"... Now I read it about three times, do it a couple of times and then... "have it" only about half the time.

Boolit Buddy
    Looked up my notes and I loaded them at .987". Seemed a little on the long side so I grabbed some rounds. They cycle through my P64 and Bulgarian mak great. The load is 3.0 grs. of BE not 2.5. The Bulgarian has trouble with Hornaday 95gr hollow points but feed this load fine.

Boolit Master
    Thanks, I guess you figured out "ORAL" was meant to be OAL. old guys with arthritic fingures should proof read before they hit the post button. Thanks again.

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170329_111601.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	192117 here's a pic of the rounds in the magazine still have some room. This is what I carry around the farm most of the time. Doesn't have much blast and as accurate as all get-out. Shot a Pigeon off The Silo with this load couple days ago. Hope you can get the Kinks worked out of yours good luck.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dpmsman View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170329_111601.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	192117 here's a pic of the rounds in the magazine still have some room. This is what I carry around the farm most of the time. Doesn't have much blast and as accurate as all get-out. Shot a Pigeon off The Silo with this load couple days ago. Hope you can get the Kinks worked out of yours good luck.
    If you need a good squab recipe , let me know .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Man

To "gwpercle,"

What's your squab recipe?

Mine -- suitable for both mourning dove and/or squab breast -- is pretty simple: splash the breasts with hot sauce, wrap individually in bacon secured with a toothpick, and sear over very hot hardwood coals. Roast no longer than to reach a medium-rare condition... reminds me of medium-rare prime-rib beef.

To my tastes, it's right up there with deep-fried frog legs, buttered roast quail, egg/cracker crumb-dipped sponge mushrooms sauteed in butter, and grilled wood duck breast roasted, again, to medium-rare.

All of the above, I've found, are among the better eats nature has to offer.

On the topic of the Polish P-64 and the Lee 95-grain, bluntly round-nosed cast bullet, my sweet little commie blaster likes her meals served over 3.2 grains of Alliant Green Dot, although Bullseye, Red Dot, Unique and Herco, all in proper quantities, also produce nicely serviceable loads.

My pistol isn't all that particular about it's fodder, but she seems to shine brightest, by a slight margin, with Green Dot powder. She's superbly accurate, her only bad habit being a propensity to toss brass into the deepest weeds available 30 feet to the rear.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

I shoot a P-64 and it's very reliable and fun. An accurate gun with my MP Mold 95 grain hollow points loaded to .984" OAL.
    The boolits are more cone shaped than the pictures above.