Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: What sort of replica airgun would you like to see produced today?

Boolit Master

What sort of replica airgun would you like to see produced today?

My vote would be for a full metal except for grips replica revolver in .22 caliber that delivered at minimum 400 FPS with 14.3 gr pellets for at least twenty shots. According to the particular real steel design I'd want it to hold exactly as many rounds as the original.
    A replica of the 10 shot S&W 617 would be fine and appeal to most younger shooters.

For more classic six shot cylinder designs grips should at least look and feel like those found on a factory unaltered revolver. Wooden grips should be a factory option.

Several presently available replica airguns would meet my criteria except for caliber and velocity in that caliber.

I presently have a 38T in .177 and a Crosman 357 first model I restored to working condition. Both are accurate and the equal of newer designs in velocity, but neither is as satisfying to shoot as my old 38C in .22 was even with its less than stellar velocity.

My rebuilt S&W 78g puts a 14.3 gr pellet down range at well over 400 FPS thanks to the new Mac 1 Hot Valve. Very accurate and with the feel of shooting a real steel gun.
    Its a great gun, no longer in production of course and a single shot.

So what would be your pick and why?

Boolit Grand Master

A true replica of the airgun Lewis and Clark took on the expedition west in the same 50 caliber

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    A true replica of the airgun Lewis and Clark took on the expedition west in the same 50 caliber
    This was exactly what I was going to post when I saw the thread!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle

And nice history of the rifle with emphasis on Lewis and Clark expedition use of it.
    http://warfarehistorynetwork.com/dai...oni-air-rifle/
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    A very few Girandoni replicas have been made, but so far as I know none are for sale.
    I'd like to see Pedersoli market one.
    The action is extremely simple, but craftsmanship must be at a high level to build these safe.

Boolit Master

That was a 46 caliber.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

A Girandoni is in a auction I'm going to next month... complete with case, pump, bullet molds.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post

I would go for this one!!
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    I had a daisy double barrel SXS when I was a kid. The stock broke and it is gone. I would like to have another one.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idahoron View Post
    I had a daisy double barrel SXS when I was a kid. The stock broke and it is gone. I would like to have another one.
    Idahoron, How do we go from shooting 400 PLUS grain muzzleloader bullets to airguns? LOL! These air rifles of today are ADDICTING! I have owned an air gun of some sorts since i was a little boy, i had a daisy powerline that was a BAD DUDE back in that day!! But some of these break barrels of today are flat out amazing! A guy can go out and have a TON of fun and not get the crazy kicked out of ya, a tin of 500 decent pellets are under 10 bucks. Good honest fun, that doesn't break the bank

Boolit Master
    I like my CO2 M&P 40 BB gun. It gives me a lot of cheap practice. I wish they made a glock version. My brother has a pellet gun based on the Colt peacemaker. Its all metal and has 6 shells. You put the pellets in the shells and feed the shells like the real thing.

Boolit Master
    Idahoron
    "I had a daisy double barrel SXS when I was a kid. The stock broke and it is gone. I would like to have another one. "
    Those guns are incredibly expensive collectors items these days. Probably few were sold and most ended up broken and discarded.
    I remember seeing these in stores long ago.