Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: First morals

Banned

First morals

Carol came up with some black ones this morning so I went out. I got a bag full. Need some rain now. Ground is dry. I got all brown ones, some pretty big.

Banned

IM JEALOUS! Dry out a few pounds and send them my way!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Darn, I don't have any morals at all.

Boolit Master
    Went looking four times today after a rain last night and this morning looked all last week just not finding any here but some people around have found a bunch.

Moderator Emeritus

Saw a picture the other day where someone found a 14" tall morel... now that is a lot of good eats!

Banned

We finally got rain but it was cold last night. I have spots where they grew good but most have not had a shroom in 5 years now so they are few and far between. I never find a big one either, it gets hot and dry too fast.
    A friend kept track of a small one and it took 15 days to reach Coke can size but some only an inch will usually get dry. Our ground drains too fast, Karsk and limestone.

Went with the daughter last night. Too dry here, haven't had a good rain yet. All we saw was a water moccasin.

I need to go looking! Supposedly a bunch near Me, found one last year after kids had come thru several times. Thanks for thereminder

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Sunday my wife thought she's look for some around the place, we had found some before.
    We didn't find any. After dinner was working in the garage and stepped out to take a leak and noticed some of the violets blooming. Thought to my self that the morels should be out. So I recovered the same ground we covered that morning and went in the house to get her. We picked about 50 of the smallest 'shrooms I'd ever seen. Checked again last night and picked about 6 more normal sized ones. Of the ones I picked on Sunday I could have held them in one hand. Never saw them so tiny before in my life.
    Rob

Moderator Emeritus

Rule of thumb in MN is morels start when the mosquitoes start making it miserable to walk in the woods!

Boolit Grand Master
    Plentiful here. Nice when the property owners get there before the trespassers.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin